Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy. The Senior Revenue Accountant will report to the Revenue Accounting Manager and is responsible for implementing revenue policies, reviewing revenue transactions, and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Analyze revenue transactions to evaluate data integrity and proper treatment of transactions within the ERP system NetSuite.
- Perform manual activities required in QuickBooks and Stripe to align with accounting conclusions and be able to draw own conclusions based on trends and data sets.
- Collaborate with GL Accounting, Billing Operations, and F&S teams to support all close related activities through NetSuite.
- Drive cross-functional projects and changes affecting Revenue Accounting.
- Support the design, implementation, and execution of key revenue controls and changes upstream in NetSuite.
- Assist in monthly close activities and resolve issues as needed.
- Support white paper documentation for Revenue policies, controls, and systems.
- Drive special projects, including but not limited to system implementations.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4+ plus years of revenue recognition experience, preferably industry experience with in-depth knowledge of accounting standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting.
- Strong knowledge of revenue accounting standard ASC-606.
- Ability to perform revenue accounting tasks and apply applicable accounting guidance.
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to manufacture and analyze large sets of data.
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and QuickBooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate in complex scenarios and topics to team members and managers in a clear, logical manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company.
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Experience with RevPro.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*We love a great bread/food pun
The base salary range for this role is listed below. The starting salary will be determined based on skills and experience. In addition to base salary, our total rewards components include cash compensation (overtime, bonus/commissions if eligible), equity, and benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!