The last year has been one of unprecedented change and new strategic clarity. As we accelerate out of the pandemic, we now have a strong sense of where we’re going, and what it will take to win. To succeed, we need to deepen the value we deliver to event creators and the audiences they depend on. And we need to continue to evolve our mechanisms and culture that will allow us to sustain and strengthen our competitive advantages. We’ve made enormous progress, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. That’s where we — and you — come in.
The Product Strategy and Operations team serves as an enabling function of Product at Eventbrite. Our focus is driving efficiency at scale through the implementation and governance of programs, processes, and tools across the product lifecycle. We do this within Product, Engineering, and Design, and in partnership with other functions. Our scope focuses broadly on the product lifecycle, from amplifying customer voices to strategic planning, through standard product development processes to launching products to the market with the vision of instilling more consistent alignment, coordination, customer empathy, value delivery, and accountability at every step.
As a Senior Product Operations Manager you will be focused on driving efficiency and bringing operational rigor to the Ads Product Team primarily. You will:
- Manage the product lifecycle process for the Ads product team, including advising product managers on how to navigate the process steps effectively
- Coordinate and facilitate the Ads team operating cadences and ceremonies
- Help to manage and update product deliverables, roadmaps, and OKRs
- Maintain a consistent channel of communication between Product, Engineering, Design, and Product Operations as well as across the Organization to ensure alignment and visibility into the Product Roadmap
- Manage product experimentation deliverables and outcomes
- Work to evolve the way we manage and use product data and tooling
- Work in harmony with your Product Operations teammates focused on Voice of Customer, Go-to-Market, and Strategic Planning
- Be a trusted partner to the Ads Product Leadership team, acting as an advisor and as their product operations point of contact
- Become a trusted partner to the Product and Engineering teams, rooting out misalignment and inefficiencies that get in the way of delivering value for our customers
- Roll up your sleeves to identify, design and implement new processes amongst product managers, product leadership, and key cross-functional partners
- Be a driver of bi-annual strategic roadmap planning for the Ads Product teams
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years in product operations, product management, and/or program management roles
- Proven operations professional with experience working cross-functionally and removing roadblocks in complex organizations
- Demonstrated track record of driving company-wide program, process, and/or tool implementations
- Experience driving strategic alignment efforts with a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience with and understanding of the product development lifecycle for software organizations
- Understanding of marketplace businesses with experience working on supply side or advertizing initiatives
- Demonstrated experience identifying, designing, and implementing new processes
- Proven ability to build trust with and influence stakeholders of multiple seniority levels, across technical roles, customer-facing roles, and executives
- Mastery in creating effective structure out of ambiguity
- Strong prioritization and focus, including comfort making tradeoffs with incomplete information
- Adept at thinking strategically and maintaining a big picture perspective
- Raw intellectual horsepower and a growth mindset
- Passion for high quality products and their impact on Eventbrite’s event creators and attendees
- Prior experience with a Product Operations team specifically or in Product Management or Management Consulting
- Prior experience with organizational change management and/or strategic program management
- Experience using Eventbrite’s product as a creator and/or attendee
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Eventbrite, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is listed below. You may also be eligible to participate in Eventbrite’s incentive program(s) (such as equity, annual incentive bonus and commission plans), subject to the applicable rules and restrictions.
At Eventbrite everyone is invited to be their whole self and we cultivate an environment to make sure that is feasible throughout the entirety of an individual’s time at Eventbrite. We are committed to providing competitive, valuable and meaningful benefits and experiences for our employees to ensure we meet them where they are in life.
Cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where all people are invited and belong is our top priority.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer global programming and training throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace. Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion work for our team, culture, and community.
We offer comprehensive benefits and a wellness package above and beyond standard medical benefits to support our Britelings’ lifestyle.
Eventbrite’s global benefit programs are designed to meet you where you are by offering resources and support for your health, well-being, finances, and family. This includes support in a remote environment, wellness allowance, Carrot family planning benefit, Origin Financial Planning service, and other offerings to ease the mind and body like Modern Health and BriteBreaks (generally the first Friday of every month off).
At Eventbrite, we are dedicated to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, abilities and experiences to apply, and we make employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, or any other legally protected characteristic.
If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know.