Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs, making it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Capital. We are the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe, serving amazing customers, including brands like Uber, Turo, and more.
Innovative mobility businesses use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As a Sr. Product Manager at Smartcar, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the direction of the product by working closely with multiple teams across the company such as Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Support, and more.
In this role, you will report directly to Joel Cloralt, our Director of Product.
This role is remote within the United States. We’d love for you to join us!
- Interact with prospective and current customers to listen, understand, and document their business needs. Additionally, interact with end-users utilizing the applications developed by our customers to gain insights into their unique needs.
- Utilize a data-centric approach by building, maintaining, and monitoring dashboards that track product utilization among our existing customers through our self-service tool.
- Facilitate clear communication among stakeholders, ensuring they grasp the rationale behind the initiatives you’re advancing, and that there is a common understanding of the problem at hand.
- Create clear, concise, and effective product documentation.
- Explore methods for rapidly validating hypotheses and testing new concepts to obtain stronger signals on our assumptions. This includes, but not limited, to lean experiments and A/B tests.
- Work closely with design, engineering, and cross-functional teams to collaboratively develop and deliver optimal solutions for specific problems within an iterative process, while ensuring effective communication throughout the process.
- Collaborate with Marketing and various stakeholders to effectively communicate the value proposition while launching new products and features.
- Drive how a solution fits within the broader product experience, shaping its discovery, utilization, perception, and comprehension.
- Seek solutions that deliver substantial impact rather than focusing solely on minor optimizations.
- Collaborate with the product, design, and engineering teams, as well as gather feedback from customers, sales, marketing, customer success, and research to align the product roadmap with company objectives, strategy, and customer needs.
Who You Are
- 5-8 years of experience in product management at a B2B software company.
- Problem-focused, not solution focused.
- Experience working with BI tools for data reporting.
- Curious, creative, and strategic mindset with great attention to detail.
- Strong technical understanding of how software products are built.
- You empathize and understand the perspective of others. Internally with colleagues and externally with customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to break down technical concepts into easily understandable terms.
- Proactive with learning about new technologies and market trends.
- Experience working in product management at an API product company or developer tools.
- Experience with software development (you built your own website or side project counts).
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $155,000 – $190,000.
- Remote work within the United States.
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately 11 thousand dollars a year.
- 401K matching at 4%.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month.
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month.
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend.
- $350 work-from-home stipend.
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with an additional 4 weeks unpaid, 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Factor subscription.
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave.
- You are free to work standard work hours for your time zone.
- One important note: Most of the team is based on the west coast therefore please expect to be available between the hours of 9AM and 4PM PT for outreach or meetings. We will do our best to ensure meetings are not late in your evening, but will not always be able to do so.
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role.
Recruiter For This Role
- Intro Call: 30 minute phone call with Steven Stone to learn about your background and determine whether your skill set matches the role.
- Hiring Manager Video Call: 45 min video call with Joel Cloralt to learn more about your background and for you to ask as many questions as you would like about the role.
- Take-Home Assignment: You will have 3 days to work on an assignment on how you would go from an idea, to launching a solution based on a fictitious scenario and information.
- Take-Home Assignment Review: Once your challenge is complete you will have a 45 min video call with Joel Cloralt, Sahas Katta and Isaiah Miller to present your take-home assignment.
- Final Stage: This is a 4-part video interview where you will have a 30 minute call to meet 2 members of your team, a 30 minute behavioral interview with Mathilde Patmon, a 30 minute executive team meeting with Sanketh Katta, Laura Huddle and Victor Black and lastly, a 60 min product & market insights interview with Joel Cloralt and Sahas Katta to dig into a product that you are personally interested in and regularly keep tabs on.
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to [email protected] with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.