Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We’re growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Sr. Payroll Administrator plays an important role in the Finance Department by ensuring data in the payroll system is accurate and complete. This position works alongside the Sr. Manager, Global Payroll to ensure that information and processes are accurate and compliant while being processed in a timely manner. You will be responsible for the day to day administration of the payroll processing functions and ensure that a high level of accuracy is maintained and deadlines are met.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly multi-state payroll for the US for exempt and nonexempt employees which includes reviewing and ensuring accuracy of all payments.
- Process garnishment, child support and tax levies.
- Assist with semi-monthly Canada payroll and monthly payroll processing of International payrolls (UK, Singapore, Germany, France and Spain).
- Analyze audit reports for accuracy prior to submitting finalized payroll files.
- Create payroll journal entries for import and/or entry into the accounting system.
- Collaborate with the Finance Team on forecasting and accounting for payroll related items.
- Ensure payroll tax compliance, including tax deposits, filings and reconciliations to the general ledger are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively with tax agencies (Federal, State and Local) and payroll providers to resolve tax issues.
- Ensure that proper controls and procedures are in place, documented and followed as well as working with auditors in testing the effectiveness of the controls for SOX Compliance.
- Main point of contact for all payroll related issues and respond to time-sensitive and/or confidential issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6-8 years of Payroll experience including but not limited to payroll taxes, W-2, year end processing, legal and accounting guidelines
- Previous experience with HRIS/Payroll software such as Workday or ADP
- Working knowledge of FLSA and Federal, State and Local tax regulations
- Performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals
- Quality focused, possess the ability to work quickly and accurately, work well under pressure and detail oriented.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to implement solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
- Bonus Points:
- Workday and Workday Payroll
- Implementation of HRIS or Payroll Systems
- Knowledge of International Payroll, taxes and regulations
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $70,000 and $90,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $80,000 and $100,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.