Gopuff is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join its Data Engineering team. This individual will be responsible for building the data platform that enables analytics, data science, and machine learning at scale. The ideal candidate will bring software engineering expertise and leadership to influence the team’s technical direction and mentor other engineers.
- Implement generalized platform solutions that process data at scale
- Develop Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes to improve platform quality and stability
- Participate in proof of concepts and pilot new technologies that impact team architecture
- Engage in design and architectural review sessions with data engineers
- Conduct code reviews and knowledge sharing sessions across data engineering and partner teams
- Partner with software and analytics engineering teams to establish data contracts to improve data quality at every stage of the data lifecycle
- 5-8 years of experience in a Data Engineering role
- Experience building batch data pipelines using DAG-based tools such as Dagster or Airflow
- Experience developing real-time data pipelines using frameworks such as Apache Beam, Flink, Storm, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Experience with data warehouses, data lakes, and their underlying infrastructure
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, RESTful API development
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Azure, AWS
- Experience data observability and monitoring tooling such as Monte Carlo, Great Expectations, SodaSQL, Databand, etc.
- Experience in producing and consuming topics to/from Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or Azure Event Hubs
- Experience with data governance, schema design, and schema evolution
- Experience implementing DevOps best practices within the data platform, including solutions for CI/CD, data observability, monitoring, and lineage
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.