Wavelo is a SaaS business on a mission to make telecoms a breeze.
We provide flexible software that modernizes how communication service providers (CSPs) do business, helping them drive more value, focus on customer experience, and scale their operations faster.
What’s New at Tucows
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC)—one of the world’s largest Internet services companies—Wavelo is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the Internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Opportunity:
Wavelo is looking to add a new member to our Analytics, Insights and Reporting team. Together, we’re responsible for all of the reporting, analytics, data flows, visualization, and related business intelligence operations within our quickly growing company, along with drawing insight from data and presenting this to various levels of the organization. We’ve got a lot of data, and we’re looking for someone to help us get the most out of it. To do that, you’ll need to be comfortable working end to end in the data pipeline; from extracting data from source systems into our data lake, to building visualizations and dashboards in Looker and everything in between.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with internal and external business, product, and engineering stakeholders to understand BI and analytics needs and priorities
- Collaborate with data engineering team, other analysts, and stakeholders to understand data sources, develop data pipelines to transform raw data to clean & aggregated data, and develop BI solutions
- Analyze KPIs to understand trends, glean insights, and present these findings to stakeholders at various levels
- Work on business analytics projects incorporating predictive and prescriptive analytics to find valuable insights from data and help drive business decisions
- Post-secondary education in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or another technical field
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with the ability to gather requirements/communicate analysis from/to various internal & external clients
- Top-notch interpersonal skills
- Excellent math and statistical analysis skills, especially as they pertain to business and experimentation
- Proficiency in the presentation and visualization of numbers and statistical data
- Ability to understand business imperatives and drivers, find relevant data correlations, and create processes by which the data correlations are translated to information flows that help drive the business
- 5+ years of quantitative analysis work experience – experience in the Wireless/Telecom space would be considered a strong asset
- 5+ years experience handling, manipulating and analyzing data and creating analytical reports
- Strong expertise with an SQL language (PostgreSQL would be an asset), as well with as database structures and data lake architectures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration would be an asset
- Expertise in developing business intelligence solutions in Looker or other top BI software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Proficiency with Python (preferred) or R
- An understanding of the principles, tools, and processes of data science
- Experience with Kafka would be an asset #LI-NA1
The base salary range for this position is $99,900 – $111,000 USD for US residents OR $87,660 – $97,400 CAD for Canadian residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Wavelo and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Tucows and its subsidiaries participate in the E-verify program for all US employees.
Learn more about Tucows, our businesses, culture and employee benefits on our site here.