Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the best remote company.
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we’ve seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Some of our investors include Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, VMG Partners, and Y Combinator. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in Canada and the US.
What You’ll Do
The Managed Services team falls under the Implementations group at Shogun. This team is responsible for migrating a customer’s existing commerce website onto the Shogun Frontend Platform. This is a full-service offering from Shogun that allows customers the ease of mind of knowing there is an expert team of skilled React and Commerce professionals maintaining and supporting their site in a new Headless Commerce ecosystem. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly-growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and helping shape the future of businesses of all sizes using Shogun Frontend.
As a Senior Customer Engineer, you will work with the Go To Market (GTM) teams as a subject matter expert to differentiate and promote the goals of Shogun Frontend to our customers. You will help customers and partners understand the power of Shogun Frontend by leading projects to build robust sites using the Shogun Frontend platform. When not assisting with Shogun Frontend project work, you can expect to support the Implementations team by providing assistance with full-site code reviews, documentation, video training materials, and contributing to the Shogun Frontend React Starter Kit.
The role is equal parts understanding and advising best practices, technical solutions delivery, and customer service. Senior Customer Engineers are expected to be proficient in a wide range of technical toolsets, be adept at quickly isolating problem sources, and have strong communication skills.
Above all, it’s important for Senior Customer Engineers to be detail-oriented, vocal, and unfalteringly optimistic in the face of challenging projects. Shogun’s Managed Services team is composed of talented and supportive people that are excited to meet you!
- Lead implementation meetings with multiple stakeholders in a manner that provides clear goals and scope alignment, and drives toward meeting deadlines to deliver world-class eCommerce sites
- Lead virtual stand-ups (async) via slack with project team
- Translate designs and business requirements into technical documentation
- Identity, prioritize, estimate, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Development and Testing of new React web components for use in Shogun Frontend Platform
- Development and Testing new 3rd Party integrations against client-side API technologies
- Perform multifaceted automated testing programs regularly evaluating site architecture, CMS, code reviews, performance, and accessibility
- Manage DevOps workflows for pushing releases from dev, staging, and production
- Contribute and support existing Shogun Frontend React Starter Kit and Launch Assessment Code Reviews
- Act as a mentor and coach to other members of the Implementation team
What You’ll Bring
- Familiarity with all of the following technical toolsets:
- Experience launching and/or developing eCommerce websites utilizing Shopify and/or BigCommerce
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting issues in React code or that arise during third-party service integrations
- Ability to quickly understand communication between services that enable modern web-based services
- Ability to quickly understand the way data is shared between different systems and companies that power a modern eCommerce store
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A Note to Future Shogies
We know the and can get in the way of meeting potential Shogies. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong. We encourage you to apply if you feel this role is a good fit for you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer (Varies by Location)
- Competitive salary
- Company-sponsored healthcare, visioncare, dentalcare for you and your dependents
- Retirement plans with matching contributions (401k, Pension, and RRSP)
- Paid parental leave
- Stock options
- Yearly company and department off-sites
- Home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly home office productivity reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- PTO, sick leave, holidays, Shogie appreciation days, COVID-19 related time off
- Learning and Development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellbeing offerings
- Quarterly Wellness reimbursement
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion, and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship. Click here (or click apply if no hyperlink) if you are a New York or Colorado-based, US candidate.