The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As the Senior Brand Strategy Manager, you will have the opportunity to help define, enable, and bring the GitLab brand to life. You are equal parts strategist and storyteller, adept at using insights to inform creative activations. You are also a natural collaborator who can energize and empower both internal and external stakeholders to champion the GitLab brand with a cohesive voice and tone. This is a highly visible role with opportunities to partner with colleagues across the business and influence the development of the GitLab brand.
What you’ll do in this role
- Help create, evolve and maintain brand architecture, messaging and positioning.
- Spearhead brand enablement initiatives and documentation to allow internal and external advocates to champion the GitLab brand.
- Develop brand governance processes and documentation to ensure appropriate use and maintain the integrity of the GitLab brand.
- Develop strategy briefs for brand awareness campaigns.
- Oversee the swag store, establishing processes with stakeholders and merchandise selection.
- Write briefs, ad copy, and content for brand awareness campaigns.
- Help manage brand tracking tools and studies, and provides insights-driven recommendations to optimize brand awareness.
- Support naming process with research, rationale, and strategic recommendations.
We’re looking for
- Experience in a Brand Strategy Manager role or similar acting role.
- Knowledge of brand tracking and brand measurement systems.
- Capability to coordinate across many teams and perform in a fast-moving environment.
- Past experience managing external agencies to drive deliverables on a timeline.
- Understand and be able to express the value of the GitLab brand.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- You embrace our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
- Setup and integration of brand tracking tools in an internal dashboard
- Brand guidelines brand documentation is fully up-to-date and accessible internally and externally
- Swag strategy is optimized for all stakeholders
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. After completing a preliminary screening call, you’ll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $80,600-$146,800 for Colorado residents and $80,600-$164,100 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.