SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
SeatGeek’s mission is to help the world experience more live—concerts, sports, theater, and more—and our Android app is vital to making that vision a reality. As mobile has become ubiquitous, we expect to be able to use our phones to do just about everything. For SeatGeek users, that means searching, discovering, purchasing, transferring, selling, and scanning tickets. Not only do our users expect to be able to do those things, they expect them to be seamless experiences so they can focus on what matters: being there. Live events are a source of real human happiness and we’re doing what we can to make sure ticketing doesn’t get in the way.
We are looking for Android Engineers with varying levels of experience to join SeatGeek’s Product team. The Android engineering team at SeatGeek features active members of the New York and global Android communities, including engineers that have spoken at meetups and conferences. We care deeply about our product and user experience, so we look to collaborate with people that are motivated to deliver second-to-none Android UIs and work closely with our product and design teams to do so. We’re also committed to strong engineering practices and we’re constantly evaluating our tools and processes to make sure we’re staying on top of the game.
Our Android app has over a million downloads and over 300k active monthly users. We’re building something that’s purposefully, willfully for Android, through and through. We’re defining live events on Android and we’re hoping you can help.
What you’ll do
- Work on new features and updates to the SeatGeek Android app
- Collaborate with the SeatGeek design & product teams to build an experience that stands out among the best applications on Android
- Write the vast majority of your code in Kotlin
- Ensure the SeatGeek Android team is always on the forefront of adopting new tools, technologies, and processes to make our development as pragmatic and efficient as possible
- Work with our partner teams and venues to deliver the SeatGeek experience in other applications via our SDK
Who you are
- Cares about building experiences that are used and loved by millions
- Passion for trying new things and innovating on mobile
- Interested in building a product for the live events industry
- Understands and can speak fluently in the design language of the Android platform
- Prior Android experience (preferably 2+ years) and app(s) in the Google Play Store
- Has some (or masterful) experience with Kotlin on Android
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$240,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!