Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
At Udacity, the Analytics Team is deploying data to inform and empower the company with insight, to drive student success and business value. We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help advance that vision as part of our business analytics group. You will work with stakeholders to help inform their current initiatives and long term roadmap with data. You will be a key part of a dynamic data team that works daily with strategic partners to deliver data, prioritize resources and scale our impact. This is a chance to affect thousands of students around the world who come to Udacity to improve their lives, and your success as part of a world-class analytics organization will be visible up to the highest levels of the company.
- You will report to the Director of Data (based in Toronto, Canada) and be a primary analytics partner to a Udacity business area. You will work closely with business leaders to ensure that objectives and growth are supported by your data work.
- Support stakeholder needs with: reporting, KPI definition, performance measurement, deeper analytical insights and creating workflows to create a solid data product. Achieve scale by establishing best practices, automating processes, and identifying structural needs.
- Balance meeting the current needs of the business with long-term progress on the analytics team strategy for a robust, democratized, data-driven organization
- Drive analytics projects and experiments from end to end. Translate a business question into an analytical framework, efficiently produce reliable data, generate insights through analysis, and effectively communicate recommended actions.
- Plan, execute, and analyze AB test experiments to establish causal relationships between our product features and business results
- Identify trends and find opportunities to unlock new sources of growth and student success for Udacity.
- Bring 4+ years of professional analytics or analytics-related experience and a team-player attitude, with a demonstrated track record of leading data projects
- You solve problems in your sleep. Applying critical thinking and a willingness to dive into the data, you produce immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability
- Deploy advanced skills in SQL and data visualization/storytelling
- Effective communication and people skills with the ability to influence diverse audiences and build strong partnerships.
- You take ownership seriously and hold yourself accountable to always deliver in a reliable manner that builds trust. You thrive at a fast pace and managing multiple work streams
- You are a curious self-starter, driven to solve problems and find answers. You take charge and flourish when meeting a challenge.
- Knowledge of proper A/B testing practices and statistical experiment design
- As an inspiring analyst, you combine business acumen with the application of analytics
- You work well with multiple analytics & visualization tools, particularly Tableau and Amplitude, and have a familiarity with aggregating data sources and with statistical analysis tools (i.e. Python, R). Experience of data modeling using dbt is a plus.
- You are excited to ask questions, push boundaries and follow where data leads in pursuit of new opportunities
- You enjoy working in a highly dynamic environment where have a strong voice and your decisions have a significant impact
While this is a remote role, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States of America on a full-time basis
Compensation: The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000- $140,000, depending on experience and location. This role is also eligible for a discretionary bonus, participation in Udacity’s equity plan and generous benefits.
Benefits: Experience a rewarding work environment with Udacity’s perks and benefits!
- At Udacity, we offer you the flexibility of working from home. We also have in-person collaboration spaces in Mountain View, Cairo, Dubai and Noida and continue to build opportunities for team members to connect in person
- Flexible working hours
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee wellness resources and initiatives (access to wellness platforms like Headspace, Modern Health and a quarterly wellness day off)
- Personalised career development
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading…
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.