Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us – the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share – together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
Are you a seasoned Advertising Writer, who keeps up with all the trends on social media—most importantly TikTok and Instagram? Do you have experience and a portfolio demonstrating excellence writing direct response ads for brands on these channels? If so, you just might be the perfect fit for our Senior Advertising Writer position as part of Gametime’s in-house Creative Team. Specializing in social media advertising, you’ll have the chance to concept and write scripts working alongside the Creative Director, Art Director, Producer, and our talented team of Designers, Editors, Motion Graphic Artists, and VFX specialists—producing a large amount of original advertising content, with little red tape. You’ll write scripts for talent including influencers, athletes, and celebrities, as well as work with us from casting through post production.
NOTE: All applicants MUST submit a portfolio demonstrating excellence creating social media direct-response advertising concepts .
What You’ll Do/Own:
- Ideation and execution of original video advertising concepts working with the creative team – 75%
- Work with the creative team to iterate based on test results – 20%
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- An extremely high personal immersion on social media platforms with a finger on the pulse regarding social media content trends (particularly TikTok and Instagram).
- Experience with data-driven performance creative on social media, working with either ad agencies or in-house brands that specialize in this format.
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellence with advertising storytelling across multiple mediums ranging from social media through podcasts and television.
- A passion for advertising and commercial art.
- The confidence to communicate your ideas and sell them to peers and management, and the resilience to perform under pressure while delivering high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with influencers and celebrities.
Nice to haves:
- Ability to do image manipulation and/or video editing would be a huge bonus
- A portfolio with tv advertising writing
- Experience working on set during creation of assets
- Experience working at least partially remote
Education & Experience:
- 4+ years experience working in advertising at either an agency or in-house for a company doing data driven performance marketing.
- Ideal candidate went to an advertising school, but is not a hard requirement
- Bachelors or above in Advertising, communications, marketing, or related fields.
- Equivalent professional experience will be considered.
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.