It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to help shape our financial systems and practices while keeping pace within the fast and quickly evolving online marketplace company.
About the Role
You will report to our Accounting Manager. If you’re a proactive and self-motivated accountant, this is the role for you. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own specific areas of the general ledger, including the preparation and booking of journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Manage parts of the month close process for US and foreign entities
- Assist in preparing GAAP Consolidated financial statements and Management review reports and other materials for our Board and Investors
- Assist with the configuration and refinement of internal systems and processes for improved efficiency
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Assist in providing deliverables to external auditor on annual audits and quarterly reviews for specific accounting areas owned
- Actively participate in the monthly variance analysis, management reporting, GAAP reporting, and other ad-hoc projects and business analytics
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of accounting experience; preferably in tech/venture backed/growth stage startup
- Previous experience working on external financial audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- Advanced spreadsheet skills with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
- Strong knowledge and experience with Netsuite is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.