Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
Dandy is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant who will play an integral role in supporting the month-end and year-end close process. This candidate, reporting to the Assistant Controller, will be joining at an exciting time as we migrate from QBO to NetSuite, and will be helping to build out the process and procedures for the company to scale.
We are looking for a self-starter with an operational mindset who can navigate complex accounting transactions, and find solutions to new accounting scenarios as they arise. Your primary responsibilities will include account and bank reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, and preparing month-end close procedures. To be successful in this role, you will need to work cross departmentally for process discovery and be able to make suggestions to improve accuracy and efficiency to the current process. This role requires someone who can thrive in a chaotic environment while still maintaining an ownership mentality to prioritize deliverables and meet deadlines.
What You’ll Do
- Perform and review general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements
- Prepare schedules to support and document estimates, allocations, and accruals used in the weekly, monthly, and annually posting of entries
- Prepare flux analysis and other analytics to help review the monthly results
- Assist in the ongoing automation and evaluation of systems, processes and controls to enable company scalability
- Produce error-free accounting reports and ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Collaborate with colleagues and consultants to proactively tackle any new changes across the business
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum 3 yrs as a Senior Accountant at a technology company
- Strong understanding of general accounting concepts (e.g. internal controls, compliance)
- Excellent Excel skills required and comfortability with large data sets
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing, and meeting multiple tight deadlines in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and communicate accounting issues to management in a timely and concise manner
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail and relentless follow-through
- Proactive and able to work autonomously when necessary
- Curious, enthusiastic, and not afraid to ask questions
Bonus Points For
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with inventory accounting
- Tech industry and / or high-growth startup experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Looker)
- Public accounting / audit experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Dandy is $75,000-100,000 plus equity. Actual compensation is based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the primary work location, candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience.
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, paid time off and fitness reimbursements.
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration statusor any other legally protected characteristics.