What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Operations team?
We are the infrastructure of our business that allows us to scale to new heights.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who will bring a driven, collaborative, and problem-solving approach. You will report to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for optimizing process improvements for our month-end close process and a key contributor to crafting robust analytics and reconciliations.
A day in the life of a Senior Accountant at Calendly
While possessing a strong understanding of the financial reporting process, you will be eager to tackle challenges in a fast paced environment. You will proactively partner across the company to ensure financial information is recorded accurately and timely. You will work closely with the FP&A & Procurement teams to ensure our financials are accurate and complete.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Performing accounting close processes; independently prepare reconciliations, journal entries and assist with preparations of financial statements
- Reviewing financial statements and GL account activity, researches account level variances, resolves discrepancies, and provides insightful explanation for fluctuations
- Collaborating with various teams including FP&A, Payroll, Procurement, and Accounts Payable to ensure accurate recording of transactions
- Maintaining detailed documentation for journal entries, account reconciliations and flux analytics to facilitate efficient review and audit process
- Actively participates in special projects such as audits, data analysis, account reconciliations, and process improvements
- Maintaining best practices to ensure integrity over accounting operations
What do we need from you?
- Minimum of 3 years of dynamic accounting experience
- Active CPA license (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficiency with Excel
- Experience working for a SaaS company (preferred)
- A positive and collaborative demeanor
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a phenomenal time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional career.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, you will perform an interview exercise, where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential team members.
- Finally, we connect with those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at [email protected] .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii, you will not be eligible for employment.