Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
This position is a mix of software engineering, security architecture and operations. A lot of the time, we are writing software to secure our vast production infrastructure. There is also a substantial amount of troubleshooting and analysis to understand the real problems we face as we scale, and as our customers’ workloads change.
We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial, “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us, and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build tools, processes and systems for automating access and posture management, threat detection and security observability and policy enforcement at scale in a complex, multi-cloud environment.
- Evangelize and implement security best practices for critical production systems.
- Participate in security incident response and automate security event handling.
- Lead security initiatives and “be the face of Security” across the organization for infrastructure and cloud security, hardening our infrastructure against attack.
- Build eminence both for yourself and Reddit about innovative security approaches and Reddit’s security program, via talks, publications, and/or open source contributions.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or a Development focused role.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Experience with infrastructure as code and config management (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- (preferred) Experience building and scaling open source security observability solutions (e.g. osquery, falco, wazuh).
- (preferred) Experience with AWS, GCP and/or Kubernetes
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.