Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
A Little About Us
Yahoo News is seeking a senior editor to join our organization. This is an exciting opportunity to join an enterprising new team dedicated to newsletters within Yahoo News. The person in this role will edit and help produce memorable newsletters, spanning news, entertainment and lifestyle content with the goal of growing a community of engaged, habitual readers.
Our newsletter portfolio at Yahoo News is evolving. The ideal candidate, who will be passionate and knowledgeable about newsletters, will work on both existing products and new launches. The person in this role will report to the Director of Newsletter Strategy & Growth and partner with our journalists, content curation, visuals, and analytics teams.
- Serve as our dedicated newsletter editor, ready to jump in to review story selection and lineups, line-edit for substance, voice, style, and accuracy, and help source and select the best images for our newsletters
- Manage real-time and advanced editorial planning for newsletters
- Occasionally write newsletters
- Build and deploy newsletters
- Review newsletter analytics and help optimize newsletters for engagement via data-driven insights, A/B testing, etc.
- Pitch ideas, big and small, for building a memorable newsletter portfolio
A Lot About You:
- 5+ years experience as an editor, including newsletter editing experience
- Obsessed with reader experience, always looking to inform and engage our readers
- Strong editorial judgment, knowledge of standards & style
- A generalist who’s comfortable working on news, entertainment and lifestyle content
- A conversational writer/editor
- Passion for keeping up with the news cycle
- Familiarity with newsletter platforms (Stensul, Sailthru, etc)
- Comfort with newsletter metrics
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $72,750.00 – $151,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.