Our growing Sales team has partnered with over 250 companies to help their clients and residents move into their new homes. To support our continued growth, we are scaling the team and are bringing on highly motivated Sales Development Representatives (SDRs), who will serve as the starting point for growing our customer base, making this a crucial role within our organization. As an SDR, you will interface confidently and professionally with prospects and existing customers, qualifying leads that help build the pipeline for our sales team. You will be one of our first SDRs, so you will also get to help shape the growth of the team. This role reports to our Director of Sales, an empathetic leader who cares deeply about coaching, mentoring and career pathing with her team and is dedicated to driving success in this role.
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once and everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. We’re a well funded and growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, and we’re growing quickly.
The base salary for this position is $75,000 with on track earnings of $93,750 and uncapped commissions. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Stock Options.
About the Role
- Conduct outbound outreach and develop opportunities in specific target segments through email, phone, social channels, and other creative ways to reach a prospect, resulting in booked meetings
- Qualify and route leads and expansion opportunities to our sales team
- Effectively communicate with and educate prospects on Updater’s product offering and value while understanding their needs and desired outcomes
- Support management of the CRM (Salesforce) by maintaining accurate and up-date lead, contact, and activity records to ensure hygienic performance reports
- Help refine our sales and marketing efforts by participating in cross-team and executive feedback loops to share learnings
- We are not able to offer sponsorship for this role and candidates must be US based
- Strong Communication: you communicate complex ideas in simple, easy-to-understand language and build trust with stakeholders
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your others’ point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but aren’t afraid to be proven wrong, and are open to coaching and an alternate way of doing things
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: you can effectively cope with uncertainty and make decisions on the basis of the information you have, even if that isn’t the whole picture
- Have 1-2 years experience in outbound sales, business development or lead generation at a B2B SaaS organization
- You enjoy prospecting and are resilient and able to learn and iterate from rejection
- You are energetic, engaging, positive, and have confidence presenting information to business decision-makers
- You have a curiosity and aptitude for quickly learning new products, software, and tech
- You have strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with the ability to follow processes and operate consistently to a high standard
- You are self-motivated and results-driven with a track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
Bonus Points For
- Salesforce experience
- Understanding of multiple sales methodologies
- Experience in the Multifamily/Real Estate industry
Updater makes moving easier for the 12 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $450 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, Vista Credit Partners, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater has ranked on Crain’s Best Places to Work in NYC in 2016, 2018, & 2021. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.