Help people better access and afford care.
Most care in the future will be cash purchased or financed versus insured. While this sounds massively disruptive it is not without precedent. We believe this societal shift is actually a good thing and will rhyme with its historic analogue of how retirement savings shifted from being an employer-paid, defined benefit (pension) to an employee-oriented, defined contribution (401k) model. This societal shift liberated employers from expensive, unmanageable costs totally unrelated to their core business and catalyzed a Cambrian explosion of innovation relating to retirement and financial services. We see the same shift slowly underway in healthcare and we are positioning Paytient to be the enabling financial platform upon which the effortless buying and selling of sub-catastrophic care will be built and transacted.
Offered by employers and insurers, Paytient is embedded or put alongside health plans to give ‘paytients’ the ability to pay for unexpected, out-of-pocket expenses over time – always without interest or fees. We are wedging into the world by putting Paytient into the purses and wallets of millions of people and helping better afford the status quo.
With a globally remote team and headquartered roots in Columbia, Missouri, we are a founder-led, privately held company funded by Inspired Capital, Box Group, Lachy Groom, Lightbank, Crossbeam and Cultivation Capital.
To support Paytient’s rapid growth, we are seeking a highly strategic and driven individual to play a key role leading our outbound Sales Development team. The Sales Development Manager will partner with all levels of the organization from the Executive leadership to account executives.
In this role, you will be tasked with helping foster and grow the current sales team via a number of responsibilities, including:
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of sales development professionals
- Develop long-term vision & strategy for team, as well as manage day-to-day operations
- Create and maintain documentation on key processes, policies, and relevant training material
- Work alongside commercial leaders to define quarterly objectives and targets
- Support the execution of the annual planning cycle, including: capacity planning, territory design, incentive compensation and quota, sales roadmaps and targeting. Ability to cohesively define and roll out a formal business planning process dedicated to these key work streams
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in the Sales process. Work closely with the field to identify the opportunities, develop an action plan, monitor execution and report out performance
- Coach, mentor and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based outbound sales skills including: campaign strategy, outbound execution, and nurturing interest to opportunities
- 5+ years of work experience of experience in outbound sales or similar roles
- Proven track record of high performance in a pipeline generating or closing role
- Ability to hire, train, and coach a high-performance sales team
- Have the desire to collaborate with Paytient’s C-suite leaders and support less senior colleagues
- Self-driven, team player with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Are passionate about finding new ways in which Paytient can grow to reach more employers
- Experience leading outbound sales and operations in an early stage, high-growth technology environment
- Experience in using sales tools such as Outreach & Orum
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.