At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
- Provide technical accounting guidance in negotiating and structuring deals to achieve operational efficiency and optimum revenue yield
- Experience in handling large volumes of data in large scale analyses
- Evaluate customer contracts to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately in accordance with accounting rules and company policy
- Develop whitepaper or accounting memos to support company’s position or policy election on certain revenue recognition issues
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls over revenue transactions and reporting
- Assist in driving efforts to build best in class automated processes related to revenue accounting
- Participate in the revenue close
- Prepare analyses and supporting information for revenue disclosures in the quarterly/annual financial statements
- Help prepare supporting data and other requests for external auditors as well business partners
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience required, at least 2 in public accounting
- Public accounting experience required
- Working knowledge of ASC606
- Revenue System Implementation experience (a plus)
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite (a plus)
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical with a sharp focus on details
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.