Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers – and we’re just getting started.
As we continue to expand our reach, we are growing our Finance team by hiring a Revenue Accounting Manager. You will be an integral member of the Accounting team, managing the activities of the technical accounting, financial reporting process and related activities tied into revenues. You will also interact heavily with our Assistant Controller, VP of Finance, other members of the accounting department, external auditors, and internal stakeholders across both technical and business teams. As the sophistication of the accounting and revenue process matures, you will have the opportunity to own the accounting operations function.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform month/quarter/annual end close activities related to revenues including journal entries, accounts reconciliations, flux analysis and reporting disclosures
- Manage the day-to-day revenue accounting activities such as data validation and reconciliation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in streamlining processes and driving efficiency in revenue recognition and collections
- Assist in the design and documentation of key controls and business processes in support of revenue to effectively mitigate financial risks
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Product, and Data Engineering, on system enhancements and process changes to shorten the accounting close cycle while still maintaining high degree of accounting accuracy
- Contribute to the year-end audit with the external audit firm and prepare audit working papers
- Lead special projects or initiatives as needed
- Provide training to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting
- Prior experience in Public Accounting Firm (Big 4) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
- Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Self-motivated individual with a proven track record building/streamlining processes in areas of uncertainty with limited resources
- Highly effective communicator (up, across, down) both written and orally
- Practical, results-oriented with superior analytical, project management, people management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to partner with key stakeholders across the organization
- High degree of integrity and critical thinking
- Knowledge of the insurance industry a plus
- Hands-on experience with the following accounting/reporting software/systems/tools a plus: SQL, Snowflake, Quickbooks Online, and Stripe
At Jetty, we know renting a home can be a financial challenge. That’s why we’re on a mission to make renting accessible to everyone. Jetty offers four financial products designed to help our members every step of the renting process: Jetty Deposit, a low-cost security deposit product that dramatically reduces move-in costs; Jetty Rent, a flexible rent payment program to eliminate pricey late rent fees; Jetty Credit, a credit building service that helps renters build credit just by paying rent; and Jetty Protect, an affordable renters insurance product that provides comprehensive coverage in just a few clicks.
Jetty has raised multiple rounds of venture capital from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi, Valar, and strategic investors. We’ve built a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country, and we believe in finding the best talent—regardless of where they live. To learn more about life at Jetty, visit jetty.com/careers.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health (with HSA and FSA options), dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Optional life and disability coverage
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break,” and flexible sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible remote work in any US location (keeping east coast hours)
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, childcare, phone/internet bill, and optional co-working space