Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is a high-performance, fast-paced startup. We’ve been remote since that strives to empower every staff member to do the best work of their careers. We are looking for a dynamic Recruiter to help re-build the recruiting function, partner with leaders across GTM, R&D and G&A in supporting hiring the best talent globally.
- Manage full life cycle recruitment for all Mattermost open roles.
- Build and foster relationships as a thought partner with hiring stakeholders and business leaders, seek to deeply understand their teams and hiring needs, and act as a trusted advisor in developing and driving hiring plans and strategies.
- Own global hiring programs, processes, systems, and vendors for all Mattermost roles.
- Act as a business partner by advising hiring managers on effective interviewing techniques, driving change and increasing adoption of best-in-class recruiting practices in alignment with our remote culture and existing Recruiting and People Team programs, processes, and goals.
- Develop creative strategies to source, identify, attract, and hire top candidates in a timely fashion.
- Uplevel the interview process, including interview training and streamlining existing processes.
- Accurately assess candidates for cultural, competency and skill fit. Efficiently synthesize candidate and hiring manager feedback, and routinely pre-close candidates to ensure high acceptance rates.
- Own the candidate experience – prioritize end-to-end speed and engagement; efficiently source, pitch, screen, and close world-class talent for open roles through internal and external channels.
- Partner closely with People Operations and Partners to provide employee relations support to assist employees and leaders in resolving issues, and to support deeper data insights that help drive engagement and improvements across GTM and G&A recruiting and integration.
- Monitor and manage the recruiting workflows and provide direction for prioritizing hiring and service levels while exceeding the needs of our organization.
- Utilize data and market intelligence when advising the business and executing staffing strategy. Help maintain all recruiting systems, tools, and metrics/dashboards.
- Embrace the Mattermost Leadership Principles with proactive and thoughtful development and iteration of our recruiting processes.
- Possess strong business acumen to influence key stakeholders, develop trusting relationships, and effect business outcomes.
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting and sourcing experience working in a high-growth, start-up environment or in the US Public Sector.
- Experience working with recruiting tools, systems, including resume databases, internet sourcing tools, and spreadsheets.
- Skilled at partnering with global hiring stakeholders to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage key stakeholder expectations through a deep understanding of ROI.
- Experience utilizing data and analytical skills to create, measure and scale workflows to achieve accelerated hiring goals.
- Strong understanding of talent and competency models, recruiting fundamentals, competitive market awareness and online/social media.
- Perceptive and thoughtful in identifying issues and developing appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated success in supporting a fast-paced, distributed workforce
$80,000 – $100,000 a year
Mattermost is an EEO Employer. We are a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada – Germany – Greece – India – Spain – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!