Our clients tackle today’s challenging issues. They invite us to partner on their brands, websites, digital products, and interactive campaigns — projects that inspire people to take meaningful actions. Some of our clients include the Innocence Project, the Equal Justice Initiative, STOP Tobacco, Echoing Green, MIT, and Girls Leadership.
- You are eligible to work in the United States.
- Enjoy working remotely but also interested in getting together for special occasions and retreats.
- Previous work experience with clients, ideally in an agency or consultant setting.
- Being able to work in EST timezone is a must (10am-6pm). If you live in New York, that’s a plus.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated professional experience in either supporting or project managing digital projects, such as producing websites.
- Exceptional communication, planning, and project management skills.
- Genuine interest in the relationships between design, technology, storytelling, good user experiences, and the important issues at the core of the content that we help people engage with.
- Attention to detail and genuine appreciation for the quality of your work.
- Appreciation and skills promoting good team collaboration.
- Comfort with public speaking on behalf of Madeo at client meetings and phone calls.
- Comfort with collaborating with client teams and other collaborators remotely from around the world.
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, Drupal, and other CMSes is a strong plus.
As a project manager, you would be responsible for supporting the success of meaningful projects, including branding, websites, campaigns, and other marketing or communication initiatives. Some of your responsibilities would include supporting or being in charge of:
- Scoping a project: articulating to strategists, designers, and web developers the project goals and working with them on defining the breakdown of tasks for a project along with hours estimates for different phases.
- Planning the project: creating practical timelines, and scheduling recurring and milestone-based meetings, workshops, and presentations.
- Setting up the right tools for collaboration and reporting: such as time tracking, project management boards, Slack channels, encouraging team members to use them on projects, and suggesting improvements in how tools are used.
- Supporting meetings & client communication: scheduling and sending call invites, taking well written notes, sharing next steps with different team members, and translating notes into actionable tasks on collaboration tools.
- Project reporting: putting together regular client reports that articulate work done, the status of open items, and reporting on what got done along with time spent.
If you are interested, you could be invited to contribute to more areas of the projects you work on, especially ones that inform storytelling, decision-making, and overall strategy.
How to apply
Those with 2 years or more of relevant professional experience will be considered for this role. Applicants with less experience are welcome to apply and may be considered at a project coordinator level or similar.