Singularity Group is a global organization that looks into the future to help leaders better understand how exponential technology will shape businesses and societies in the years ahead. Through a deeper understanding of the accelerated pace of change and the role that technology plays in it, these leaders create a tremendous positive impact that improves the well-being of people and the health of the planet. Over the past decade, Singularity has worked with more than 75,000 leaders drawn from corporations, nonprofits, governments, investors, and academia. With 250,000 impact-minded innovators across the Singularity network, 125 chapters and partners across six continents, and a strong digital presence, Singularity Group reaches millions of people each month. The organization has launched over 5,000 social impact initiatives and its alumni have started more than 200 companies.
Singularity Group is a Certified B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We seek to impact one billion lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
The focus for the Program & Events Manager is creating a positive, highly polished client experience. They work within a portfolio of assigned clients and support open enrollment programs, facilitate client needs analysis, and ensure the smooth and effective delivery of programs. The individual in this position provides a full spectrum of services to Singularity’s clients, from the strategic to the tactical. They must be equally successful facilitating program design, coordinating the efforts of other Singularity teams, and ensuring that all aspects of program administration are successfully executed. The individual in this role works under the guidance of more senior colleagues.
Facilitate the design of a high-quality client experience.
- Ensure a high touch service perception as the clients move from sales to needs analysis.
- Support project plans for the design and delivery phases of the client engagement.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of Singularity faculty and Speakers Bureau, including expertise, capabilities, and interests. Utilize knowledge in workshop design and planning efforts.
Coordinate and facilitate program administration. Create purchase orders and verify all program expenditures and track spending against the approved budget.
- Collaborate with the Experts team to coordinate faculty, speaker, designer and contractor scheduling.
- Conduct post-program analysis by leading program debrief sessions. Collaborate with the Legal team to create contracts for external vendors.
Ensure the successful delivery of client programs – through direct action and through the coordination of others’ efforts.
- Collaborate with the Design team and others to create agendas and tools for workshops.
- Prepare each presenter with details of client needs and objectives, the program audience, & client backgrounds.
- Lead the coordination and execution of program logistics (scheduling of sessions, catering, printing and delivery of session materials, room set-up, etc.).
- Build and maintain long term relationships with key stakeholders such as clients, experts, vendors, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of relevant experience, with primary responsibility for either event management, program/project management or client management .
Experience & Expertise
- Managing complex projects, budgets, and contracts with substantial attention to detail.
- Managing multiple, competing priorities of equal importance.
- Analyzing client needs and to understand priorities for program execution
- Interest in innovation, technology or a demonstrable understanding of design thinking techniques and principles.
- Experience in InDesign and GSuite
- This is a full time, exempt
- The position reports to the Director, Program Operations
- This position will be required to travel up to 30% of the time. This includes both domestic and international travel.
- The position’s primary work location will be remote with a preference of being based near a major airport in the United States.
$65,000 – $85,000 a year
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
Unlimited Paid Time Off for all full-time exempt employees. Really.
Medical benefits with generous employer contributions, including dental, vision, voluntary life, and more.
Profit-sharing 401(k) available in pre-tax and Roth; or both.
Office-free onboarding and working practices that suit new realities, responsibilities, and schedules.
Monthly stipend which you can use toward anything: a fitness app, your dog-walker, even art supplies so you can find your zen. Whatever matters most to you.
Unlimited access to Singularity Group publications, webinars, and global digital community events.
Represent a Certified B Corporation and use our purpose-driven platform as a force for good.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable, and leaves no one behind.
We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our actions.
We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
We are exponential.
At Singularity Group, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of hundreds of thousands of leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Singularity family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.