Meilisearch’s mission is to create a best-in-class search experience for every website and application. We are building a blazingly fast and ultra-relevant search engine made in Rust that allows our partners to have a powerful search engine without initial configuration. Features such as typo-tolerance, filters, and synonyms are provided out-of-the-box.
We are fully open source: we strongly believe the best way to realize our vision is to leverage the open source community’s power. We already have many integrations and SDKs to allow any developer to try Meilisearch in their environment quickly. We have a vibrant connection with our community of early adopters and builders. We are in contact every day and eagerly listen to feedback from our contributors.
We completed a $5 million round of funding September 2021, and are backed by 5 leading international investors: CRV,Mango Capital,LocalGlobe, Seedcamp, and Kima Ventures. We have already partnered with industry heavyweights like Louis Vuitton and Platform.sh.
We are a team of 26 passionate people with a majority of tech profiles and our project is growing fast (+10K GitHub stars in 12 months). We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to own the buyer’s journey for all our users with a focus on the bottom-up approach.
About the role
We have made it our mission to make it easy to find anything anywhere, by providing a go-to search solution for every developer. For 4 years we have developed a fully open-source search solution thanks to the precious feedback of our users.
Beginning of 2022 we started developing a Cloud hosted feature, by demand of our community. We are working with our first clients and are starting to monetize.
As a Product Marketing Manager, your role will be to capitalize on our existing brand and product-led growth, by creating and implementing marketing methods to accelerate our development and maximize adoption and user retention. You will work closely with the founders as well as the Product and Developer Relations teams, on topics such as the definition of our positioning, the creation of our marketing campaigns and the improvement of our pricing model.
What you’ll be doing
As a Product Marketing Manager, your role will include:
Defining & executing our marketing strategy:
- Clarifying and formalizing the characteristics of our clients and personas: customer journey, motivations, pain points…
- Crafting our value proposition with the Product team: how is Meilisearch addressing these characteristics?
- Collaborating closely with the Developer Relations and Product teams to ensure alignment with company objectives,
- Participating in the definition of our pricing strategy
Managing marketing campaigns, from creation to ROI analysis:
- Based on the strategy, creating campaign content that conveys our competitive advantage,
- Identifying the relevant channels for the promotion of our marketing content,
- Testing and iterating over the combination of audience, channel, and content,
- Setting performance expectations, analyzing the data and providing actionable patterns to drive improvements,
- Defining and executing a strategy for SEM (SEO + SEA),
- Creating media and content to support customer journey: landing pages, blog posts, technical content, infographics…
Supporting data driven decisions for our Cloud offer:
- Conducting market research to provide market insights to the founders and relevant teams: analyst views, market landscapes, competitor intelligence,
- Gathering the best customer knowledge by interviewing clients and prospects, running workshops and focus groups in partnership with the Product team.
Our ideal profile – Soft skills
- Empathy, judgment, and tact: You feel comfortable targeting anyone in organizations (executives to developers), understanding their problems, and answering accordingly;
- Strong organizational skills: You can plan, manage your time and communicate to deliver projects;
- A dual-minded approach: you’re highly creative but also process-driven; you think scale, and rely on data to make decisions;
- Optimistic mindset and not afraid of starting from scratch;
- Humility & will to continuously learn: you take experimentation seriously;
- Ability to coordinate across many teams, collect the correct information and provide efficient communication.
Our ideal profile – Hard skills
- 5 years of overall experience, 3+ years of experience in marketing or business development of B2B SaaS/cloud services;
- Excellent command of English;
- Former experience in a fast-moving professional environment;
- Strong tech culture: technical background or experience working with developers/on developer tool products;
- Outstanding communications skills to translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications and create perfect marketing copies;
- Demonstrated results in achieving annual growth targets;
Nice to have:
- Deeply passionate about open-source and convinced of its long-lasting impact;
- Track record in launching new products and optimizing existing product offerings.
- Please send us your resume and a quick note of why you might be a good fit for this job. Don’t hesitate to look at our LinkedIn page and to our Meet the Team page.
- Screening call (30min) : if your profile fits, you will be contacted for a screening call to briefly chat about your background and motivations, and confirm your availability and salary expectations. If it doesn’t fit, you will get an email from us.
- HR & culture fit interview (1h): you will meet you will meet Morgane, our HR Manager and Dave, our Cloud Product Manager, to ask questions about the role and assess your fit with our culture.
- Technical interview (1h): you will meet Ferdinand, our Head of Developer Relations and Thomas, our COO. They will go more into detail about your background and skill set.
- Technical test (2 weeks) + debrief: we will ask you to create a go-to-market strategy for a specific use case: creation of a value matrix, defining channels, creating campaign messages. You will have two weeks to send us your assignment copy (if needed, the timeline can be extended). A 1h debrief will be organized to discuss the test.
- Team fit interview (1h): You will meet Quentin, our CEO and Charline, one of our Product Managers.
- Our HR manager will conduct a reference check – don’t hesitate to give her 2 or 3 contacts in advance (preferably a former manager).
Why you’ll enjoy working with us
– Permanent full-time contract,
– Stock options,
– We are open to fully remote applications, as long as you are between GMT-4 and GMT+5 time zones,
– 4 day work week & flexible working hours,
– If you’re working from home, we will provide either a stipend for you to equip yourself, or an access to Fleex (Europe). We also reimburse up to 500 EUR / month for your co working expenses,
– Access to a mental health platform (moka.care) + 4 sessions with a coach/trained therapist,
– 3 months paid parental leave,
– 6 weeks paid time off,
– Management training to freshly hired and newly appointed managers,
– We all get together at least once a year for a company offsite.
Meilisearch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our open-source community.