At Fieldin, we are on a mission to transform AgTech. We are looking for an innovative product marketer ready to translate technical concepts into a value proposition that drives engagement and demand. Agriculture experience is not required, but we are looking for someone eager to learn everything there is to know about the agriculture industry, high-value crop growers, and sustainability. Fieldin is a turnkey technology solution for a connected, innovative farm. We help growers of high-value crops maximize sustainability, yield, and profit by giving them actionable data to improve operational efficiency. With the Fieldin smart devices installed on operators and equipment, growers have access to the mobile app that provides them with real-time visibility and decisions to help farmers embark on their journey to becoming smart and intelligent and ultimately achieve autonomy. Fieldin is a global brand, serving growers in three continents across 500,000 US acres and growing quickly. Learn more at fieldin.com.
About the Opportunity
The ideal candidate is a product evangelist who is buyer-centric and has an understanding of customer needs through the customer journey. You will advance our mission as we help growers on their journey to autonomy. You will maintain an awareness of industry trends, competitive differentiation, buyer purchase drivers, and customer outcomes to create a compelling product story. You will work cross-functionally with members of the marketing, sales, product, engineering, business development, and grower success departments to deliver new product capabilities and integrations to the market. That would enable sellers, partners, buyers, and customers through training, messaging, white papers, data sheets, demo videos, webinars, and more.
You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are eager to try new ways to drive urgency and demand through product-centric stories. A successful person in this role will be curious, deadline-driven, collaborative but daring, and technical, yet still focusing on the “why” above the “how.” You already understand how to lead with benefits over feature functionality and always tell stories that communicate the business impact and customer outcomes over the “how-to” details.
Your key areas of focus
- Define the product message. Translate product messaging into differentiated messaging and positioning for Fieldin’s platforms and use case content.
- Own competitive intelligence & market trends. Research and identify emerging market trends from competitive, analyst, and market insights to enhance product messaging. Understand the competitive landscape.
- Define buyer personas. Know the buyer better than anyone else to create content that speaks to their needs, pains, and wants.
- Own sales outreach & training.Enable field teams to sell Fieldin through content and enablement training. Write, copy, and edit product-specific content like white papers, data sheets, web copy, press releases, and blogs.
- Know our customers. Work collaboratively with our Grower Success team to develop customer case studies and bring them to life through blogs, flyers, and videos.
- Start With Why. You have superior storytelling and communication skills (verbal, written, visual) and can distill complex concepts into simple language.
- Be the King or Queen of Collaboration. You are a natural collaborator with exceptional communication and project management skills.
- Multi-task wizard. You can work on multiple priorities simultaneously with great attention to detail.
- Self Starter. You are the type of person who will jump in, build the plan, and make it happen. You know how to make it happen when equipped with the big picture.
- Teammate and Coach. You are an excellent teammate, collaborating with other parts of marketing and the company. You are also a coach, developing the talent and skills of those who report to you.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing with an emphasis in product marketing for software or technology
- 5+ years of experience working for a growth-focused B2B SaaS tech company
- Proficient writing and content editing skills, with proven examples.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with the ability to align projects across multiple departments.
- A creative mind that can turn a stale concept into a compelling story.
- Ability to see and create derivative value propositions from a larger product strategy. Experience communicating complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply.
- Collaborative personality with an open mind to feedback and input.
- Interpersonal skills to interview customers, executives, and SMEs to pull out a unique angle.
- Strong verbal presentation skills and comfortable presenting to large audiences
- Analytical thinker with a strong ability to listen and process information to translate abstract concepts into action
- Be willing and excited to grow with the role.
- Have a can-do attitude to do whatever is needed to help the team.
- Remote work flexibility
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- 100% paid employee medical benefits that include 401k, health, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation time
“Fieldin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Fieldin makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.”