At Doist, we’re building the future of work.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully-remote, team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our four core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Ambition. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. You set high standards for yourself and those around you. You solve issues that have a high impact on our customers and our company.
- Mastery. You care deeply about the quality of your work. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. As a champion of your craft, you are also a champion of your well-being – you work intensely, then disconnect completely.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time. You keep your word and trust your teammates to do the same. You are proactive, take ownership, and remain accountable with little or no direction.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging. You keep others in the loop and never go radio silent. You speak respectfully and foster warm relationships through your interactions. You’re culturally and socially aware and can appropriately navigate social situations.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
About this role
In this product marketing role, you’ll fly between 40,000 feet and ground level as you collaborate on marketing strategies and, in turn, execute go-to-market campaigns and content from start to finish.
As part of the Marketing team, you’ll work closely with other content creators as well as with interdisciplinary squads that form every six months. In the squad, you’ll collaborate tightly with the Product Manager to align squad work with our brand strategy and overall strategic vision. You’ll be responsible for creating and executing the go-to-market strategy for any product updates the squad builds. If the GTM strategy requires strategy building, you’ll be the architect; if it includes a YouTube video, you’ll coordinate its production (and maybe even star in it yourself); if it includes a long-form blog post, you’ll write the draft; if it includes an in-app tooltip or fresh app copy, you’ll write that too.
Doist is a bootstrapped (yet profitable) company that doesn’t have the luxury of hiring a 100-person marketing team. To thrive in this role, you’ll need a roll-up-my-shirtsleeves mentality and be willing and able to proactively drive the creative execution of the brand strategy while doing a large percentage of the work yourself. That said, you’ll be supported by a fantastic team of in-house brand designers, developers, and content marketers who will help sharpen and bring your vision to life.
If this sounds like an environment you’d thrive in, please keep reading.
You’re a wordsmith at heart who can write exceptional copy for a wide range of user-facing platforms and scenarios, from app copy to YouTube scripts to lifecycle emails. Your copywriting skills are one of your core strengths; you’re able to write authentically and transparently all while making people smile or chuckle unexpectedly. In addition to your strategy-crafting and copywriting skills, you’re generally considered a T-shaped marketer with a range of creative experience across different mediums (and eagerness to experiment with others). Additional skills/traits we’re looking for include:
- You’re execution driven and can proactively take large projects to fruition from start to finish with minimal hand-holding.
- You are super organized and have exceptional project management skills – you never need to be micromanaged and always follow through on your commitments and deadlines.
- You’re not afraid to push the creative envelope and have experimented with different creative formats in past work (please share some real-world examples in your application).
- You’re comfortable collaborating with a wide variety of colleagues from many different disciplines and backgrounds. You know when to hold your ground or when to disagree and commit, and you do so respectfully and in a genuinely collaborative spirit.
- You’re deeply empathetic and have no trouble putting yourself in the user’s shoes. Your work is first and foremost user-centric and always has our users’ best interests at heart.
- You balance your creativity with data analysis skills and iterate on your strategies accordingly.
- You’re a Todoist user yourself. Honestly, it’s just easier for everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not sure the role is a good fit for you? That’s okay! We’d still be happy to consider you. Here’s what the process looks like:
- Submit your complete application. This including a resume (or manually entered experience) and thoughtful responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
- Application screening. We read every application to understand your motivation, skills, and experience. Once your application has been reviewed, you’ll receive a response regarding the status of your application.
- Value-alignment interview with Amir S. (Founder and CEO).
- Role-alignment interview with Becky K. (Content Lead).
- Culture-contribution interview with Brenna L. (CMO).
- Hiring Decision.
Our perks and benefits are designed to provide the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally. Here’s what that looks like:
- Work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 40 hours/week.
- Competitive pay. Our formula-based salary calculation provides a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
Expand your professional skills
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about.
- Attend conferences. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences that grow your professional knowledge, skills, and network.
- Company retreats. Our annual company-wide retreats are unforgettable.
Craft your ideal work environment
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Apps and services budget. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job.
- Hardware budget. You’ll have access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
Focus on your well-being
- Generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO/year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Parental leave. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on things like gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.