OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users – including readers, fans, players and shoppers – engaged and up to date by delivering 10 billion messages daily.
1 in 7 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Upwork, Tribune, and many more – from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We’re venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!). We’re a remote-first company, offering remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas, as well as in the UK and Singapore – with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. We also have offices in San Mateo, CA, New York City, and London, UK.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you’d expect, but we don’t stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
About The Team:
Our product team helps build the future of how apps engage their users. We work side-by-side with OneSignal’s engineering team to define APIs, white-board product ideas, and create visual prototypes with our experienced design team. We live and breathe data — leveraging data to validate our hypotheses and the impact of our work.
In a typical month, a Product Manager at OneSignal might:
- Own the roadmap for your product area: understand and prioritize work so your team is always working on the most impactful initiatives
- Talk to customers, understand their problems, translate and evaluate these into opportunities for the business
- Work closely in a cross-functional team to explore ideas, discover the problem space and shape the solution
- Validate your hypotheses early and often, know when to prototype, to test, to find more data
- Dive deep into the technical details of our product and APIs
- Motivate a group of smart people to deliver products and experiences that users love
- Identify product, organizational, and process opportunities and drive these, without direction and resourcing
- Work with Product Marketing and the rest of the OneSignal organization to drive field enablement and customer adoption
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of product experience operating at scale in a tech company or fast-growing startup
- Strong design skills – familiarity with at least one common design tool (we use Figma)
- Strong technical orientation – familiarity with coding – you don’t need to be a CS major, but you should have a strong quantitative and technical background and be able to navigate your way through the more complex technical requirements of the OneSignal platform
- Strong data analytics skills (Strong SQL skills a bonus) and the ability to formulate and structure complex analyses to answer key product questions
- A demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality products at scale
- Resourcefulness, ability to act autonomously, and excitement to tackle new challenges
- Business sense – you can ruthlessly prioritize ways to build the company and work with our business teams to quantify the value of different features
- Strong communication (written & verbal) & collaboration skills
- Experience in following areas a plus: B2B SaaS that supports Freemium up to Enterprise level customers. Experience in cross channel customer messaging / customer engagement platforms or other marketing automation
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness & Empathy
- Sense of Urgency
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on ‘protected categories,’ we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.