We are looking to meet our new Product Manager, to contribute to our mission of democratizing K12 Education in Latam. You will be working as a core member of Luca’s team and interacting directly with the other departments.
You will be responsible for bringing together the various components of our product: education, technology, business, go-to-market, and commercialization. You have a deep understanding of the edtech space and you have experience in managing digital products. You’ll work with all business stakeholders in building Luca’s product, our educational platform.
Who are you?
You know what empathy is and like autonomy. You are also a self motivated and energetic Product Manager who believes that this planet would be much better through better education.
You love a fast-paced environment, but you also know that “fast-paced” can be incredibly fun, zen and supportive… ah, and you are not arrogant and treat people the same way you would like to be treated.
You should be goal-oriented and keen to implement processes, automations and work with no-code tools. You can work without any supervision or mentorship, but you don’t mind asking if needed (after you tried, or asked father Google).
- Define product scope, roadmaps and KPIs to improve our product, solve customer problems and achieve business goals, ensuring business/tech alignment across projects
- Define how those features will work and look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing
- Use Hypothesis-driven approach to drive setup and analysis of A/B tests and provide recommendations based on the test performance
- Perform Market & Competitor benchmarking and communicate relevant insights
- Leverage company data to identify customer & merchant trends, building feedback loops
- Help Luca identify opportunities for new and existing products/features, and to map potential partnerships
- Create strong collaborations with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, making use of various backgrounds, perspectives, fluent communication and knowledge in order to create great products
- Ideate and create concepts for new products and improvements, which you continuously check and adapt to market requirements
Your skills and experience
- +3 years of experience managing digital products in an agile software development environment
- Experience in education industry
- Experience in building products from scratch
- Experience in understanding market trends and user pain points, and ideating solutions to these pain points
- Excellent academic background and performance
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong business acumen
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence decision-makers and build consensus with team.
Why join Luca?
Because we love what we do and we are always aiming to hire better people than us. At Luca you will have the rare chance to work in a vibrant and energizing start-up culture with flat hierarchies and with very clear core values: empathy, autonomy and fun.
❤️ People – Treat colleagues and clients as you would treat your family, always.
🚀 Autonomy – You, your opinions, and actions are appreciated, but do it responsibly.
🏖️ Fun – Have fun, go remote, party, in a way you collaborate to build the best educational platform of the world.
We are a diverse team with our HQ office in Mexico City. We have no space for arrogance, empty corporate bs, lack of empathy or mistreatment. We treat people as we would treat our family, for real, and we also believe that people should have fun, flexibility and good perks, but knowing that hard working is very important to build something great (mental health friendly :).
Sounds like a plan? Apply to the job and let’s make it happen.
At Luca you can also:
- Work in one of the Fastest growing Edtech companies in the region
- Be in the best place to be challenged and be part of a fun team at the same time.
- Many more benefits are coming soon…
More about Luca
Luca’s learning platform provides learning programs for primary and secondary school students.
The learning platform offers pre-recorded K12 videos, gamified content and AI powered personalized study paths, covering the entire official academic curriculum and national exams prep.
Our founding team includes ex Uber, Netflix, Morgan Stanley, McKinsey, Crehana, Byjus, Santillana, ThePowerMBA, Cisco, IE Business School.
Since starting the company in Q4 2020, we have:
💰 Raised our $3M Pre-Seed round from Heartcore, Shilling and Edtech & Tier 1 Business Angels such as the Founders & CEOs of IronHack, The Power MBA, Pearson Education, Unbabel, Cobee plus C-Levels and Board Members at Descomplica, EQT, Hedosophia, EDP, Kroton and Kibo Ventures
📈 Scaled the team to more than 50 people
📱 Built and launched our Desktop Platform + over 1000 classes
📍 Ran Pilots in over 50 schools & 3k students in Mexico & Colombia & Guatemala,
validating our assumption that Luca’s curriculum is fit for the spanish speaking region as a whole
🌐 Validated usage metrics on our platform: Luca’s average session time is already 3x higher than that of the most sold product in the Region ( Compartir by Editorial Santillana)
🚀 Started the sales process last week for our schools: 20% of the pilot schools have already bought the program for next school year
👣 Achieved industry leading NPS at 84, above 51 Education sector average NPS.
At Luca, You will be working in an environment where everything you do is incredibly important to the end product and success of the company. Your actions and decisions will shape the future of the company & of the education sector as a whole.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for passionate and dedicated people to focus on innovative solutions while positioning the company for hyper growth. That, in part, means finding top candidates who want to invest their energy & talent in helping us achieve our mission: to democratize education. We empower our team to make the right decisions, at the right time, always thinking of the students, their parents and the future.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone has access to quality and affordable education, everywhere at anytime. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s change the education sector for good, together.