Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for a strong analyst and emerging people leader to power the next phase of product growth at 1Password. As the Product Insights Lead, you will grow and lead an analyst team that understands our user base, monitors product performance, coordinates A/B tests, and generates actionable insights that shape the experience of our millions of users. You can think strategically, be an analytics thought partner to product, design, and engineering teams, are passionate about users and about empowering your team, and have a vision that you make reality.
You will directly chart our next phase of growth while continuing to develop into a strong product and analytics leader. We’re growing, and we are looking for someone passionate about joining a dynamic, global team of security, product, and data nerds that value you for you.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of data or analytics experience and 2+ years leading teams, ideally in technology, consulting, or VC/PE/investment banking
- Nice to have: SQL skills. SaaS, product, or user research experience
- Led analytics teams that required both attention to detail and big picture thinking
- Proven record of surfacing insights and influencing multiple teams to coordinate and act
- Can quickly pull data sets yourself or identify proxy measures and see what’s significant
- Ready to structure and guide a team as they track product launches, define success metrics, and run A/B and multivariate hypothesis tests
- Oversee a team creating a range of data visualizations that are accurate, reliable, and memorable and can do this yourself
- Compelling communicator in many settings and to a wide range of audiences. Surfaces the “so-what” for even non-technical audiences with ease
- Knows how to coach a team to be persistent and scrappy in the face of ambiguity or when data pipelines don’t pipe. You catch data issues before they become problems
- Has a clear vision for the team to deliver high impact insights (always several steps ahead) and constantly thinks about how processes could be automated or ready for scale
- Views mentoring and feedback as essential to team and personal development
- Naturally curious and highly motivated to jump in, analyze or experiment, and learn – while easily inspiring your team and other organizations to do the same
What you can expect:
- A management role with significant growth opportunity within Product, both as a people leader and to shape the future of product at 1Password
- Lead the hiring and build out of this product insights and analytics team, including how to balance projects and priorities as the team scales – if you can dream it, let’s do it
- Own the strategy and goals for Product Insights, hone our data and analytics roadmap, and communicate the team’s strategy and decisions
- Drive Product data and analytics projects and coordinate with teams throughout 1Password. Help us all reach aha moments faster (go team!)
- Serve as the trusted analytics partner to teams and drive which product initiatives and features we prioritize
- Shape our data governance and analytics tools at 1Password. Your perspective matters
- Lead by example and inspire teams to be data champions
- Grow as a people and analytics leader. This role will work regularly and directly with senior leadership and is an opportunity to learn from an experienced and responsive team
- Embrace and contribute to our diversity of perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, and strengths
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> 🏦 A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.