Founded in 2018, MakersPlace is a curated online marketplace that allows artists to create and sell unique digital creations (NFTs) using blockchain technology (digital art marketplace). We offer a platform aimed at empowering digital creators to create and sell their unique pieces, while providing verifiable proof of authenticity, ownership, and scarcity on the blockchain. Stay up to date on all of our hottest drops and collaborations at MakersPlace on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Working directly with the Head of Design, you will be a formative and early product designer that will help shape the future user experience of MakersPlace. You will collaborate daily with engineers and product thinkers who are pioneering the NFT space, and you will rapidly launch and learn from the products you create. Making complex ideas simple for users is par for the course, and you are passionate about conveying trust, emotion, and user fulfillment in the products you design. A discerning eye for type, space, and interaction with a strong strategic mind for user experience and problem solving is a must.
- Understand user needs. Gather feedback directly from creators and consumers to define product needs.
- Design, iterate, and prototype user experiences.
- Drive solutions informed by insights and perfect them with design.
- Develop strong opinions about our product and a compassion for the MakersPlace community.
- Conceptualize, and deliver complete product design solutions.
- Collaborate across disciplines: Partner with engineering to deliver practical and compelling product experiences.
- Actively participate in the entire product development cycle. Ideation, implementation, testing, evaluating and iteration.
- Make the future feel tangible. Continuously drive a clear and consistent user experience across the product.
- 3+ years working in product design.
- A strong grasp of your design craft, and a passion to develop an expertise in type, space, color, interaction, and UX flows.
- A portfolio showcasing your work.
- An understanding and demonstrated ability to deliver data-informed product designs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to develop and share ideas and concepts.
- Eagerness to continually evolve the MakersPlace product into a best-in-class experience.
- Ability to present compelling product design solutions to stakeholders to help drive consensus.
- Ability to identify the right user problems to solve.
- Experience delivering high quality designs in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in NFT, Blockchain or Crypto spaces.
- Deep passion for empowering artists!
Benefits & Perks:
- $500 workstation stipend, with an additional $1000 after 6 months of employment.
- Flexible vacation policy + 1 personal day off / month.
- Weekly team sponsored lunches
- $500/Quarter AirBnB stipend— we want you to go out and enjoy life!
- 100% Remote
- …and more!
At MakersPlace, we curate our team as carefully as we do our digital marketplace to ensure the best experience for both our creative community and employees. Our remote-first company was founded by senior engineering leaders from Pinterest, including the first engineer and former head of growth engineering, and is funded by top-tier venture capital funds and angels in Silicon Valley.
MakersPlace is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.