Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise.
Degreed is looking for an experienced Product Designer to help shape our web platform that helps people and organizations build skills they need. You’ll work to refine and iterate on existing features and workflows as well as contributing to our ever evolving design system—built up in Sketch and Abstract. Being successful in this role will require strong collaboration and communication skills. We are a globally remote company with most product designers located around our Salt Lake City office and the Dutch office, but this role can be based remote anywhere in the US or the Netherlands.
A Day In The Life:
- You will work closely with Product Managers to research and define the problems to solve and shape the roadmap
- You will independently define the goals of research projects and confidently run research and testing projects
- You will create elegant and simple user experiences
- You will design well crafted and accessible user interfaces
- You will help make our design more consistent and aesthetically pleasing
- You will help us evolve Fresco, our design system
- You will collaborate closely with Engineers to ensure designs are implemented as intended
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years of experience in a product design role
- You have a strong portfolio that includes a mix of well-crafted user experiences and visual design work
- You can synthesize feedback from multiple sources and find a path forward
- You can communicate clearly your design process and design decisions
- You have a good understanding of HTML and CSS
- You can communicate clearly both written and verbally
- You have a love for simplicity over complexity
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Twic
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a lap computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.