At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join Our Team
GoDaddy’s Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a Principal Site Reliability Engineer with a focus on building the next generation of private and public cloud infrastructure using OpenStack.
Our OpenStack platform empowers GoDaddy engineers and external customers to help small business customers start, grow, and run their ventures. Hundreds of GoDaddy teams and millions of external customers use the team’s Cloud solutions daily at a global scale. If you have the passion, enthusiasm, and ability to contribute to managing that infrastructure with a focus on user experience, we would like to talk with you!
What you’ll get to do…
- Translate core architecture and business requirements into technical cloud infrastructure solutions that consist of platform, network, software, cloud automation, security, etc.
- Provide technical leadership for a group of engineers.
- Lead the software product development life cycle from inception to production launch and post-production support for a large-scale cloud deployment.
- Join the team of talented engineers to build, run, and support the current cost-effective and robust private and public cloud infrastructures.
- Contribute to open-source projects such as OpenStack, and libvirt.
- Contribute to the technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
- Engage with engineers and partners across GoDaddy to handle disaster recovery, ongoing security challenges & security incident responses, and to solve broad impact implications.
- Participate in SRE/DevOps, releases, and on-call activities to support the infrastructure, support & delight customers.
- Troubleshoot code-level problems quickly and efficiently.
Your experience should include…
- 7+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: software engineering, or site reliability engineering with a focus on building cloud infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience in complex distributed networking, system performance tuning, and monitoring.
- Experience with CI/CD development using Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience in virtualization technologies such as KVM, and OpenStack.
- Experience with back-end services, highly distributed and scalable services, and deployment automation.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Development in Python.
- Experience with Deployments using Automation tooling such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Mentoring other engineers to develop their skills.
- Possess analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Working within an agile development environment and strong practice of continuous delivery and integration.
- Experience in working closely with a team of specialists across disciplines to design and implement high-quality software solutions.
- Highly motivated and highly collaborative individual.
You might also have experience with…
- Experience in contributing to Open-Source projects.
- Experience with Cloud platform technologies such as AWS, or Azure.
- Process improvement, management, and development experience.
- Experience with zero-day security incidents and/or system disaster recovery.
We’ve got your back… We offer a range of benefits that may include paid time off, retirement savings (e.g., 401k, pension schemes), incentive eligibility, equity grants, participation in an employee stock purchase plan, and other family-friendly benefits including parental leave. GoDaddy’s benefits vary based on individual role and location and can be reviewed in more detail during the interview process.
We also embrace our diverse culture and offer a range of Employee Resource Groups (Culture). Have a side hustle? No problem. We love entrepreneurs! Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us… GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy.
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to [email protected].
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R018487
GoDaddy’s compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual’s qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- California Bay Area, Santa Clara, San Francisco: $168000.00 – $252000.00
- Seattle, New York City: $156000.00 – $234000.00
- Los Angeles, San Diego: $140000.00 – $210000.00
- New York State, California State, Washington State, Colorado State: $133500.00 – $200500.00