HubSpot is looking for a Principal Financial Analyst for our Product Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. This team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial planning and reporting for operating expenses and headcount, optimal financial management and efficient operations across the Product organization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of FP&A, you will work very closely with cross-functional teams including Corp. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Product Ops & various other stakeholders.
You are passionate about solving for our customers and delivering impacts that help them grow better and help HubSpot scale. And you are excited about the journey we are on to realize the FP&A vision of being strategic and trusted advisors. With continued growth of the HubSpot FP&A team, you will get to work with amazing leaders, peers, and team members with a ton of opportunities to make an impact!
- Provide central FP&A support to Product Pillar to drive business and financial growth and efficiency.
- Facilitate central FP&A process, timeline, and delivery of key financial rhythms for product pillar.
- Coordinate & support the product pillar’s annual planning and monthly forecast cycles, building models to drive high financial predictability.
- Partner with product teams to gather inputs and assess financial implications
- Consolidate and analyze operating & financial performance and deliver bridge analysis, insights and drive business actions to improve forecast accuracy
- Prepare management review presentations and articulate financial impacts, risk, and opportunities to drive strategic discussion and recommendations.
- Understand and synthesize key data utilized by our business and lead financial modeling and scenario analysis to support business decisions
- Partner across Product Pillar business and support functions to drive effective financial management process, guardrail and accountability.
- Act as Finance Business partner for assigned product function and teams.
- Develop trusted partnership with business leaders
- Support business planning and ongoing headcount and other investment decisions.
- Provide financial advice to enable execution of business priorities while maintaining financial goals.
- Influence operating structure and decision making framework.
- Drive process improvement and automation to help HubSpot business and finance to scale
- Contribute to the product and strategy finance team’s vision, DI&B and operational excellence.
What we’re looking for:
- Have 5+ years experience in FP&A or analytical fields.
- Have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Industry experience in the technology/SaaS industry and/or cloud infrastructure preferred.
- Highly proficient in MS Office or G-Suite. Experience with Looker or other big data/BI tools, Netsuite, and/or Adaptive Insights is a plus.
- Have exceptional communication skills; able to synthesize key takeaways and tell stories with data.
- A self-starter and have the intellectual curiosity to identify and solve problems.
- Operate well in a fast-paced operating environment and can adapt to the ever-evolving landscape of HubSpot’s financial priorities and requests.
- Help create an inclusive team environment that fosters trust and psychological safety, welcome different perspectives and build a sense of belonging.
- Proactively build relationships across teams and break down silos to drive best practice; promote an environment where teams can support each other and grow together.
Cash compensation range: 118500-189600 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.