The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Director of Pricing
The Director of Pricing reports to the Senior Director of Product Monetization.
Director of Pricing Responsibilities
- Lead the pricing function at the company
- Work closely with the CEO, CMO, CRO, and Senior Director of Product Monetization to drive decision making around all aspects of the pricing model
- Collaborate effectively cross-functionally to drive complex pricing decisions at all levels including e-group
- Ensure pricing and packaging projects are effectively executed, including customer messaging, product experience, and internal enablement
- Drive robust pricing related research and analysis to generate and test hypotheses to optimize GitLab’s pricing model, including pricing metrics, price points, and package construction
- Implement continuous pricing optimization plans
- Work with the Growth teams to increase Average Revenue per User (ARPU)
- Provide strategic vision
Director of Pricing Requirements
- 15+ years of overall experience, with 8+ years of pricing experience, preferably as a people manager of a pricing team. Previous experience in Product Management also a plus.
- Experience with open source business models a plus
- Experience with both SaaS and self-managed deployment models a plus
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex cross-functional pricing & packaging decisions, as well as subsequent implementation and success tracking
- Fluency in pricing research methodologies like conjoint and Van Westendorp Analysis
- Deep analytical skill and experience creating complex models to forecast the impact of pricing changes
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative customer validation techniques, including surveys & customer interviewing to test customer segmentation, value metrics, pricing models, etc.
- Previous experience using customer/market segmentation techniques to effectively map pricing packages to user personas, buyer personas, and/or market segments
Director of Pricing Job Grade
The Director of Pricing is a grade 10.
Director of Pricing Hiring Process
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with the Sr. Director of Product Monetization
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a deep-dive interview with the Principal Pricing Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a leader from the Sales Organization (VP of Sales Ops, VP of Sales or CRO)
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a leader from the Marketing Organization (Sr. Director of Strategic Marketing or CMO)
- Finally, candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with the CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Product Leadership is responsible for building the capacity and capability of their team and the groups they support to achieve:
- Their relevant Product Performance Indicators
- Our global Product KPIs
- Job satisfaction of the team members who report to them (as measured by annual employee engagement survey)
- Hiring versus plan and new hire location factor
- IACV attained by assigned use case as designated in of opportunity Command Plans (Dashboard).
In addition, some roles have role-specific activities and performance indicators.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.