Pachama is looking for a People Operations Manager to develop our most valuable asset – our people! We are looking for an HR Generalist and culture champion to work alongside our business leaders to develop a high-performing workplace.
In this role, you’ll create and develop a variety of key people programs and internal HR processes to optimize our operations and enable our teams to do their best work. We’re seeking someone with a passion for organizations, with proven success in a growing start-up. You will strategically evolve our performance development, total rewards, organizational design and employee engagement programs. You’ll work closely with a variety of people across all departments and be the ‘go-to’ person for building a great place to work. This is an ideal position for a professional who genuinely loves connecting with people and strives to consistently deliver impactful results within a high-energy, can-do culture. If you’re passionate about creating a meaningful work experience for our team, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is fully remote. However, being within 3 hours of Pacific time is preferred for this role given cross-functional communication responsibilities.
Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
What You Will Help Us With:
- Support our Director of People to achieve our goal of company growth, creating a meaningful employee experience and driving performance and retention.
- Evolve and implement variety of people practices including compensation design, performance development and organizational planning.
- Create and lead highly effective documentation and training to support the successful adoption of new people initiatives within the organization.
- Establish opportunities for meaningful team engagement by reimagining current company events, communication, activities and daily interactions.
- Be a trusted and reliable HR resource for our team by effectively troubleshooting both people and operational issues.
- Oversee all day-to-day HR administration including benefits administration, HR compliance, employee relations and other miscellaneous HR processes.
- Own all aspects of employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Take a data driven approach to guide strategic decisions within the People Operations function (i.e. engagement survey results, retention/turnover stats, etc.).
Experience & Skills We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of HR/People Operations experience in a startup and/or mid-size organization
- Experience successfully identifying, implementing and adopting people programs and initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the importance of company culture and the responsibility to help create, influence and evolve it.
- Well-versed in drafting effective and engaging company-wide communication.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality when working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strikingly unique balance of excellent communication and time management skills coupled with extreme attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Effective presentation skills and experience leading training programs.
- Very comfortable with technology (Slack, Notion, Lever and Excel).
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements, we encourage you to apply if this job description excites you. We are looking for ambitious people to help make an impact on climate change. That purpose requires us to bring together a diverse set of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to create solutions that work for all.