☎ Community Phone
remote first and always
At Community Phone, we’re on a mission to make the phone more powerful and relevant than ever before.
Frustrated by a lack of humanity in the industry, we set out to create a phone company that respects customers. We keep data secure, protect against spam calls, and eliminate hidden fees and complex contracts. Our vision is a future where technology doesn’t replace human connection, it strengthens it.
As a venture-backed, Y-Combinator graduate, we have the drive, resources, and motivation to revolutionize the telecommunications industry. We leveraged our technical expertise to deliver the flexibility of VoIP with the reliability of the cellular network and brought this technology to customers’ existing landlines. We launched our revolutionary product two years ago and are quadrupling our customer base year over year.
With a remarkable 400% growth in recurring revenue in 2022, we’ve expanded from 17 fully-distributed teammates to more than 70, serving clients like KFC, AT&T, state and local governments, General Motors, and homes across America. We are excited about our growth and eager to welcome team members who’ll help us lead the market with delightful customer experiences and a supportive, collaborative work environment.
Join us in our mission to put the power of the phone back into the hands of the people! Together, let’s build a future where the phone is essential in fostering meaningful connections.
🌟 About the role
Our people team is expanding, we are looking for our first People Operations Manager!
You will be responsible for ensuring HR policies and procedures are compliant with relevant laws and regulations, as well as supporting the employee experience. This role requires a deep understanding of HR compliance, strong organizational skills, and the flexibility to contribute to various HR functions. This person will partner directly with leadership to ensure our People strategies support efficient growth, minimal liability exposure, and sound employment practices in all locations where we currently engage talent or will choose to in the future.
🚀 You will…
- Ensure Compliance with local, state, federal, and global employment laws and regulations.
- Research and provide strategy on compensation, benefits, and compliant payroll procedures and reporting.
- Create reporting, infrastructure, and operations policies pertaining to human resources
- Build internal guides to reflect employment law updates as well as external and internal requirements.
- Support the total employment experience from recruiting and beyond.
- Be a Source of Knowledge, handling employee inquiries and providing guidance on HR-related matters.
- Partner cross-functionally and work closely with leadership, including our CEO and Director of Finance.
🏆 You are…
- An Experienced Pro at building and managing compliant hiring and HR operations for both contractors and exempt/non-exempt employees globally
- Knowledgeable of USA and global employee protections, laws, and best practices to maintain and regularly assess for compliant operations
- Able to Thrive in Chaos and used to a high-growth tech company or start-up
- Systems Focused with experience managing necessary training and assessments to ensure compliance to management, harassment, etc. expectations of all employees
- Experienced managing payroll and invoice payment systems
- Knowledgeable of the available suite of EOR, payroll, and HRIS platforms that empower and enable global hiring and workforce management
- Passionate About People and global remote teams
- Bonus points- certified in HR best practices (such as PHRi, SPHR, SPRHi, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or HRCI)
💙 Community Phone Culture
Community Phone has a customer-obsessed culture. We are looking for team members who love our product and mission and see the remote first environment as a bonus.
Beyond the job description, here are some traits members of our team share:
We value Curiosity and learning in our employees. We promote open-mindedness, embrace mistakes, and encourage challenging questions for personal growth. We create a culture of continuous learning to empower our team to tackle challenges and excel in their roles.
Efficiency in everything. We operate lean, optimizing resources to improve our products and deliver a world-class customer experience. We prioritize value over excess, embodying a scrappy and resourceful spirit to achieve our mission and values.
We prioritize taking decisive action over deliberation, recognizing that building a world-class product requires pushing personal limits and taking risks. We believe that a Bias Toward Action is essential for achieving our goals and delivering exceptional results to our customers.
We strive for Transparency and prioritize open, Direct communication. This helps us resolve issues quickly and build strong relationships with our stakeholders.
We take our work seriously and see it as a reflection of who we are. We’re always looking for ways to improve and are open to feedback. We approach our work with a sense of ownership and a desire to deliver the best possible results. By embodying a Founder Mindset, we’re able to achieve our goals and create exceptional products.
We value a Caring Mentality. Our customers come first, and we collaborate to provide exceptional service. We prioritize teamwork over personal accolades, fostering a customer-focused culture that drives our success and promotes a supportive work environment.