MURAL’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
MURAL created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, MURAL is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 900 “MURAListas” around the world collaborate in the MURAL® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
MURAL has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As Payroll Specialist, you will grow our business by assisting the Global Payroll Lead with a wide variety of accounting and finance tasks to ensure the smooth running of the company.
Your role as Payroll Specialist makes our mission a reality by helping to get the financial systems in place to allow us to scale and operate effectively and efficiently.
This is a great chance for someone who wants to be part of building a world-class Finance area in its early stages.
- 2-3 years of US payroll processing experience with a strong background in multi-state and multi-jurisdiction requirements
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- The ideal candidate will have experience in Workday or a similar payroll provider
- Excellent strategic thinker with experience thinking “outside the box” and making recommendations to help streamline processes
- Strong oral and written communicator with ability to clearly present data
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity, adapts easily to new situations · Demonstrates a bias for action & sense of urgency
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets to analyze and reconcile payroll data
You’re responsible for…
- Assist in onboarding new employees into the payroll system
- Provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay
- Provide support for external/internal stakeholders (Finance, People Ops, Sales Compensation)
- Update and maintain payroll process documentation
- Responsible for data integration between HRIS and external software providers
- Support year-end reporting tasks
- Stay current on state, federal and local payroll and tax laws
- Develop best practices to improve efficiency of payroll processes
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assist the Accounting team with month-end close processes; including but not limited to, monthly payroll and benefits provider invoice reconciliations
Ideally you have…
- Experience in SaaS, high growth organization
- You are used to working with globally distributed teams
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
Please submit your resume in English.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- MURALvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- MURAL free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.