The Partnerships Manager, Media Solutions will identify, solicit, and obtain advertising orders from travel industry companies within an assigned segment and/or geographic territory. You will work against a sales quota and can earn a sizable commission if you are successful.
The Hopper Media Solutions team manages an expanding set of unique media products on the Hopper app (and later on other Hopper delivery channels). Initially you will both acquire and manage a portfolio of DMOs, Hotels, Airports, and marketing agencies but as the team expands you will focus on new client acquisition. At Hopper you can have an immediate impact for a high-growth business, and as part of a small, cross functional team you will have continuous input into our media product strategy.
Some travel is required to industry events and client meetings.
- 5+ years of sales experience at high-growth technology companies, with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Strong familiarity with digital media products and solutions
- Superior ability to craft and deliver compelling data-driven sales presentationsExcellent critical thinking skills to craft relevant, targeted offers to each sales prospect
- Ability to close deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touch-points
- Experience tracking & communicating sales results through a professional CRM tool such as Salesforce
- Comfortable working in a remote environment with a globally distributed team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working for a travel or travel tech company
- Track record of signing $1MM+ per year of digital advertising deals
- Experience self-serving reports on a data visualization tool such as Amplitude or Google Data Studio
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
– Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
– The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
– According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
– Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
– The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
– Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
– Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!