Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
Our Onboarding team is responsible for understanding the relationships and desired outcomes started during the sales process, building a launch plan for success, and helping customers get the most out of 1Password.
As an Onboarding Specialist, you’ll be helping our customers harness the full potential of 1Password by working across functions of the organization to provide an exceptional customer experience.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication skills over email, phone, and video. The thought of presenting and speaking to new people each day excites you. Your style is concise and empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself, as well as the ability to lead a conversation.
- Experience with and passion for helping people or businesses use software to be more productive and efficient. You’re passionate about discovering a team’s needs, and you ask strong, open-ended questions that help you learn more about them. You enjoy translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating.
- Someone who works well with internal teams, balancing individual customer’s success with company needs and opportunities.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments. Since 1Password is remote, it’s important to be independent in your research, but also have the humility to ask for help when you aren’t sure about something.
- The thought of tracking minute details doesn’t make you cringe and you’re able to organize yourself and your tasks so customers don’t get missed or dropped.
- Feedback, learning, and growing are some of your favorite words.
- Fluent in a second language, while not a deal-breaker, would be considered a huge asset.
- It’s a bonus if you have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it will allow you to quickly gain confidence in this role.
What you can expect in Month 1:
- Get to know the product, our culture, the Onboarding processes, and the people you’ll be working with.
- Learn our CRM, what and how we track, and keep customer information and project tracking updated.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to onboard a small-sized customer through at least one level of the defined Customer Success process.
What you can expect by Month 3:
- Can independently onboard a small-medium sized customer through multiple levels of the defined Onboarding process.
- Supporting existing customers with advanced and ongoing training needs.
- Proactively report on customers’ needs and valuable feedback to enhance and improve processes and the product.
What you can expect by Month 6:
- Lead large customers through multiple levels of the Onboarding process.
- Maximize customer engagements and collaborate with cross-functional peers to ensure a successful launch, long-term engagement, and wall-to-wall adoption.
- Onboard customers, build rapport, and put success plans in place that influence the broader Customer Success metrics and processes.
“In Onboarding, you directly help teams and businesses improve their security by understanding their goals and training their teams to get the most out of 1Password. We are building out a collaborative team and having a ton of fun doing it. Join us now and help us learn and grow as we go.”
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.