iTutor has an immediate need for State certified Elementary Music Educators. The selected Educators will need to be certified in South Carolina or be willing to seek reciprocity!
- Start Date: Immediate Opening
- Number of positions available: 2
- Certification Area: Music, All States welcome to apply
- Schedule: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM EST
- Pay Rate: $1100 per week
- This is a 1099 Independent Contractor position following the school district’s calendar. Immediate start dates are based on available placement opportunities upon completion of the application process and training. The required hours are approximately 7:30 am-3:30 pm EST.
- Lead students through successful course completion remotely.
- Promote creativity and excitement in the virtual learning environment.
- Create strategies to engage and nurture student learning and student relationships.
- Provide remote instruction to students using a virtual platform of the district’s choice to students who are onsite.
- Follow the curriculum provided by the school that is aligned with state, district, and grade-level standards for the subject area(s) being taught.
- Record keeping on student grades and performance is required.
- Completion of iTutor’s “Educator Placement” course (approximately 30 minutes) is required.
- Must presently hold an active, state-issued teaching certification in one of the areas listed above.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in the United States.
- Must have a laptop or desktop computer, webcam, headset, and reliable internet access.
- Prior online teaching experience is a plus!
Perks of Being an iTutor Educator
- Become an Education Entrepreneur — As an iTutor Educator, you will also have access to a range of other assignments that match your certification with rates ranging from $28-$35/hour (*Assignment rates may fluctuate based on many factors, including time of year, demand, and subject. All rates will always be communicated for your consideration upfront).
- Teach from Home — You’ll need your own computer and reliable internet access, but you won’t have to leave home. All instruction is online with access to technical support.
- Join a Community of Educators — The iTutor Team and our Educators are committed to making a difference and providing students with measurable academic success.
- Expand Your Professional Skills — Gain experience by teaching on our virtual platform while building skills through access to routine professional development (PD). Or create and share your own PD for additional revenue opportunities!
All applicants are required to submit a resume and a copy of their active certifications as attachments to their initial application. Our educator application process also includes submitting a short demo lesson. More detailed info on the demo will be sent after the initial application is submitted.