Thank you for your interest in this position with Board.org, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote’s Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
The Membership Director for Board.org, the community for the people leading meaningful work at really big companies, leads a group of senior-level executives as they struggle with the challenges of being a change agent in a critical role. You’ll facilitate high-level, peer-to-peer conversations through email discussions, conference calls, and in-person meetings. You’ll create an atmosphere for great conversations and deep relationships to build a tight-knit community. Board.org is a special place where members know they are trusted, safe, and loved. They can share their toughest issues because they know they’re in a community of people who have the same interests and concerns.
About the Board.org Membership Team
Lots of people talk about “making the world a better place” but we actually do it every day. Inside the world’s biggest companies, behind the scenes, there are people making positive change. We surround them with ideas and supportive peers so they can achieve their mission — and this indirectly improves the lives of their customers, employees, and communities. As a Membership Director, you’ll see the work you do driving large-scale meaningful change in real-time (sometimes within hours) because we’ve found a point of leverage where a little positive change is multiplied by the incredible size and resources of our member companies.
You’re driven by the desire to serve and deliver an experience that is impactful for our members. You show deep commitment at a personal level to our members, the work we do, and the people we serve. You’re part of a collaborative, full-team approach to managing your community. You focus on member relationships, content, and conversations.
What To Expect in This Position
- Research cutting-edge business issues to develop relevant discussion topics and facilitate valuable dialogue among senior leaders at great companies like these: org/mem. (See how much they love us: board.org/familyand board.org/love.)
- Lead, facilitate, and guide complex, high-level discussions via group conference calls, 1-on-1 member connections, in-person Board Meetings, and Fast Feedback email conversions that highlight the big ideas and drive actionable outcomes for members.
- Learn, keep up with, and dig deep into fascinating real-world problems, strategies, and current events relevant to your assigned community of members.
- Build deep professional and personal relationships with the members you serve by understanding what matters to them, so you can guide the conversation where it’s most meaningful, relevant, and valuable.
- Defend the integrity of the community by helping to enforce confidentiality and membership qualification standards for Board members.
- Partner with Member Operations to ensure members are provided with outstanding service, infrastructure, and a supportive culture.
- Manage membership account health to secure annual renewals.
What Sets You Apart
- Stellar communication skills in all forms: Written, in person, on stage, on the phone, and in social media.
- A comfortable and natural leader of a group who can take charge of a room. Quickly connects with executives on a personal and professional level.
- Experienced moderator and facilitator who can lead peer-to-peer discussions for executives without it being about you.
- Intellectually curious: Thrive in an ideas-oriented environment working with sophisticated content, issues, policies, and ideas. Know what makes a good story, important topic, or great conversation.
- Similar experience with (a) work focused on content, policy, or issues; or (b) experience as a membership leader, community manager, moderator, or facilitator.
- Experience with senior executives at large companies in a professional context: Has worked directly with Fortune 1000 executives (CXO, VP, Director) as an employee, consultant, or vendor. Relates to their life, understands their issues, and can find out what they need. Knows how to engage and communicate with them.
- Experience that demonstrates your ability to master and develop deep subject matter expertise on complex business topics — advanced degree preferred.
Excited about this role, but don’t meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We’d still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact [email protected], we’d be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote’s commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).