At Help Scout, we make software that helps more than 12,000 small businesses talk with their customers. We’re a remote first company, with 110 employees working from 80+ cities all over the world and we’ve staked our reputation on being helpful, human, and existing for profit and purpose. We’re also a Certified B Corporation! This year, we’re taking these values to the next level as we reintroduce ourselves to our audience of customer service professionals, small business leaders, and startup founders.
You’ll be air traffic control for marketing, ensuring systems, processes, and data run efficiently and accurately between teams (marketing, sales, and data analytics). Your work will make sure our customers and future customers have a world class experience. How? A few examples:
-By receiving (or not receiving) a helpful email right when they need it during onboarding.
-By determining which leads should be forwarded (via lead scoring) to an account executive for one-to-one outreach and passing those leads from HubSpot to Salesforce.
-By keeping our data clean and accurate so all other segments built by teammates work flawlessly.
Your work will make us more efficient and will help us grow the business.
A note about our current tech-stack:
We use HubSpot for self-service and Salesforce for our sales team. Our setup of HubSpot is robust, so you’ll excel if you have a deep understanding of HubSpot. We also have a current tech stack of Looker, Heap, Mixpanel, HotJar, Clearbit (Reveal, Prospector, and Enrichment), and GitHub/Gatsby for the website.
About the Role:
- Managing marketing operations processes, including lead management (HubSpot), database management (HubSpot & SFDC), segmentation (HubSpot & SFDC), and attribution models (Heap, Mixpanel, HubSpot, and one we wrote internally called attributionjs).
- Developing a comprehensive strategy for the marketing tech stack and managing the selection, deployment, support, and scale of Help Scout’s marketing tools.
- Enabling and automating campaigns for the marketing team, providing support, workflow set-up, process documentation, and reporting.
- Working with marketing and growth marketing to automate and simplify as many processes as possible, increasing their efficiency while providing a seamless customer experience.
- Collaborating within our revenue operations teams to help architect the future data structure of our marketing business and ensure smooth integration between marketing systems, sales systems, and our overall data systems.
- Educating the team by creating and managing learning content(we use Slab) on how to build campaigns using our marketing tech stack.
- Maintaining quality, checking workflows, emails, and lists to ensure correctness.
- You’ve worked with a familiar marketing tech stack: HubSpot, Salesforce, Heap, and a BI Tool(we use Looker) are our core four. We also have others for you to use.
- You have a growth mindset, a passion for learning, and are willing to lean into discomfort for the good of our customers and product.
- You love puzzles, problems, and constantly making things better. Incremental improvements probably make you .
- You design and build processes and workflows that work efficiently, and if they fail(it happens to us all), it does gracefully.
- You’re constantly trying new SaaS tools to help us improve our marketing stack. You’ve probably self-served with most tools you’ve purchased.
- You are helpful and empathetic and care about building on our company culture that embraces these qualities.
- You have worked in a similar role in a fast-growing SaaS business and are familiar with common marketing and sales metrics.
- You have experience with a business intelligence tool like Looker, Tableau, or Mode.
- You have a couple years of experience with HubSpot and Salesforce.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
- Eli Overbey, Director of Revenue Operations. You’ll be reporting to Eli, who is currently doing this job now. You’ll chat with Eli often to learn more about our tech stack and the company.
- Adam Goyette, VPM. Adam has incredible ideas to help the marketing team scale. You’ll be the marketing team’s go-to on operations and analytics. You’ll probably chat with Adam about tools, processes, and analytics.
- The Growth Marketing Team (Pallavi, Jorge, Gaby Saphiya, and Jack). You’ll support this team by setting up workflows in HubSpot, creating email segmentation, diving into attribution bugs, and adding pixels for tracking… and that’s just a few tasks we done in the last week. They’re a great bunch, with creative ideas.
- The Data & Analytics Team (Matt & Michael) Since Looker is the BI that powers most of our data, you’ll sync up with this team to make sure marketing data from Salesforce & HubSpot is syncing accurately, and work with them to add additional data for analysis.
- The Sales Team (Account Executives: Zainab, Dan, Casey, and Anthony)
Competitive salary – Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn’t divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical – After you’ve been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match– via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Bonuses – everyone is eligible to receive a quarterly bonus up to 8% based on shared company revenue goals.
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you’d like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 110 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 12,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
We’re remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a “remote first” company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we’re dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that’s just the start. Here’s our DEI Dashboard where you can see all of our team demographic data and read about our commitment to this work.
We’re committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It’s not a cost to be optimized, it’s their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.
We’re leaving the world better than we found it. Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good? Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it’s the right thing to do.