Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 120+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
🏎 About the Go-to-Market Team
- Own buyer acquisition in your vertical, devising campaigns and events that generate buzz and grow category demand
- Develop and execute on the social media strategy for your category across multiple channels and platforms
- Identify and pursue PR and influencer opportunities within your vertical
- Build scalable resources and toolkits to help sellers better market their channels and grow their audiences on the platform
- Measure and iterate on the effectiveness of category marketing initiatives
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- You have 3+ years of marketing experience in a fast paced environment. Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace or creator-focused platform is a plus
- You are a problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to fully own strategy and content across multiple marketing channels
- You’re a creative thinker with an aptitude for content creation and copywriting
- You have experience tracking KPIs and monitoring success for marketing programs
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with limited guidance, and are comfortable pivoting quickly as needed
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience with graphic design and video editing tools (e.g. Creative Suite, Figma).
- Passion for creator communities and/or existing Whatnot product categories (e.g. vintage clothing, collectibles).
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $150 work-from-anywhere monthly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working spaces
- $200 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- Wellness monthly allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Whatnot provides a $20,000 annual allowance towards Nannies, Daycare, and Caregiving support