Building or remodeling a home is often a stressful and painful experience – but it doesn’t have to be that way. BuildBook is on a mission to eliminate that stress and bring joy back to home improvement – for everyone involved.
BuildBook is the best construction management platform for home remodelers and builders. Our goal is to become the default choice for the over 550,000 small businesses focused on residential construction and remodeling. It’s a $540B dollar a year industry, and we plan to make a dent in it by creating the best product in the space.
Builders love us because we give them simple, powerful tools to run their businesses and help them keep their clients happy. Homeowners love us because we give them a feeling of control and help make renovations and new home builds less stressful.
As an early member of the marketing team, your work is going to have a major impact on the future of the company and our customers.
BuildBook is a remote-first startup with team members all across the US. We have a small, tight-knit team, a solid product that is gaining momentum daily, and big plans for the future. BuildBook operates as a strategic business unit within Housecall Pro, an industry-leading software provider for home services professionals.
BuildBook is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to define and execute effective marketing strategies that support our growing suite of new products and customers. This role will span brand marketing, customer lifecycle marketing, and product marketing initiatives. Your objective will be to help prospects understand how the BuildBook platform can be used to drive their business forward and to help new customers become wildly successful and long-time supporters of our brand. You will become a champion of the customer and understand deeply how to communicate to them in ways that resonate with their pain points and needs. Collaboration with a variety of stakeholders and partners will be key, including the BuildBook leadership team and the Housecall Pro marketing team.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing and executing new product launches, customer onboarding campaigns, and ongoing product education initiatives. In addition, demonstrated experience with positioning, messaging, and managing asset production and execution on a variety of GTM tactics. B2B and SaaS experience is a plus.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our customers and their needs through collaboration with the product team, qualitative and quantitative market research, and customer feedback to influence positioning, messaging, communications, and marketing decisions.
- Develop go-to-market strategy (i.e. naming, value proposition, campaign planning, sales enablement) and lead product launches for core product offerings to drive product adoption.
- Define positioning with a clear description of our products, their differentiators, and ability to solve problems for the market and our Pros. Create internal positioning documents that will be used to develop external messages focused on each key buyer or persona.
- Work with the larger marketing and creative team to develop marketing assets that align with our voice, tone & brand guidelines (landing pages, emails, videos, one-sheets, etc)
- Define and develop a cohesive inventory of written, visual, and video-based product educational and onboarding materials
- Educate our frontline teams to ensure our sales and support teams are equipped with the supporting materials and are able to communicate the value of our products and answer FAQs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure a seamless customer communication journey across sales, customer success, marketing automation and in-product communications.
- Measure and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and support reporting efforts for the broader marketing team.
- Responsible for performance against key top-line business goals including increasing activation, reducing churn, and improving retention.
- Work alongside the customer success team to maintain a constant pulse on the voice of our customers.
- 5+ years experience planning and executing integrated go-to-market campaigns across multiple media channels, including email, push notifications, sms, and/or in-app marketing, scripting, and social media.
- 3+ years experience in product marketing, including positioning, messaging, pricing and packaging strategy, creative briefing, concept drafting, and influencing product revisions.
- Experience with marketing automation, communication, and analytics tools (i.e. Hubspot, Intercom, etc) is a plus.
- B2B and SaaS experience preferred.
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent communication, copywriting, and storytelling skills
- Ability to translate complex technical language
- Demonstrate strategic and analytical thinking
- Exceptional project management and eagerness to learn
- Creativity and empathy – you care deeply about our customers and want to help small businesses
- Experience in the home service business trades
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter that speaks directly to this position. Tell us about yourself, and tell us what interests you about this role at BuildBook. Share your past experience, key projects, lessons learned, and what excites you about marketing.
For selected applicants, expect 2-3 interviews with your future colleagues to talk through your past experience and approach to marketing. We’ll share what it’s like to work here, more details about the role, and answer any questions that you have.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation based on your experience and capabilities, as well as:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
The expected salary range for this role is $112,000 to $125,000. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. And the salary range for successful candidates outside of Colorado may differ based on location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.