TaxJar, a Stripe company, is looking for a Marketing Analytics Manager to join the Marketing team. You will be responsible for providing business insights to help optimize our marketing acquisition funnel and inform our demand generation strategy. You will help shape marketing strategy and uncover opportunities for growth through detailed reporting, deep analysis, and thoughtful insights.
You will work with the entire Go-To-Market team, including sales, marketing, and partners, to increase growth and expand TaxJar’s customer base. You will be a central resource with ownership of campaign & pipeline reporting, demand generation experiment design, and data-driven guidance on creative and media strategy.
If you want to attack complex, interesting, and impactful questions to win more customers and make our teams successful, then this role is right for you.
What you’ll do:
- Partner across the business to support marketing programs and growth goals, report on performance, determine measurement approaches, produce insights, and set strategy for new challenges.
- Analyze and report on marketing campaign effectiveness across a range of channels: website, email, SEO, referrals, paid media, etc
- Work closely across Marketing, Finance, and Sales to provide regular updates on effectiveness of all marketing channels on acquisition pipeline and revenue contribution.
- Develop innovative reporting and dashboards that make it easy to understand marketing performance at a glance
- Democratize data access that empowers teams to better understand and act on data and metrics
- Perform exploratory analyses; extract, package and present recommendations to key stakeholders to inform marketing decisions
- Implement and optimize lead/account scoring (behavioral, firmographic, and predictive models) and lead/account routing methodologies to ensure highest quality leads are passed and prioritized appropriately for qualification.
- Identify problems and opportunities through data analysis and help support the teams in developing strategic solutions
- Drive substantial gains in demand, conversion rates, customer engagement, and ROI by delivering sharp insights and recommendations
- Support measuring and analyzing marketing acquisition funnel metrics – from marketing qualified to sales accepted, sales qualified, and closed won.
- Manage ongoing initiatives to improve data infrastructure & integrity necessary to track valuable business insights.
- Proactively recommend ideas for optimization or improved efficiency & surface unexpected declines in performance.
What we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5+ years of marketing analytics, financial analysis, or economics. Strong modeling capabilities, organization, and executive reporting desired.
- Experience with SQL, Python, BI reporting (i.e. Chart.io, Looker, Tableau) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion and transformation.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and Gsuite. Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Experience developing analytical frameworks, metrics to measure ongoing performance and understand important performance drivers
- Knowledge of marketing tech stack and digital data technologies (DMPs, GA, pixel tracking)
- Transform data into a digestible and presentable story based on the audience
- A quick learner that values making data-driven recommendations, and building new models to inform decision-making.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to be hands-on and can analyze, interpret and derive insights into business reports, analytic models, and data sources.
- A growth mindset and a strong bias to action.
- Superb communication skills! You believe in keeping all of your stakeholders in the loop and know that multiple mediums of communication are the key to success
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your spam and promotion folders for application updates. Please visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our amazing benefits for full-time employees, and to learn more about our values and how we work. You can learn more about our hiring process here.