Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Manager of Project Management should demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills, flexibility, positive attitude, and be a strong problem solver that is biased to action. This role should be a natural coach and mentor to the team on all things project and program management while knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally.
The Project Management Team is responsible for the communication, organization, and execution of the Mailchimp application development process. We resolve complex problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
What you’ll do here:
- Interview and evaluate prospective project management talent and make effective hiring decisions
- Determine overall staffing requirements and balance workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department
- Ensure development plans, performance evaluations and career paths are documented and understood
- Train, coach and mentor employees for career growth, development and project management of their teams in a matrixed organization
- Promote and execute on continuous improvement of project and program management related processes
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts and principles to business initiatives.
- Develops, assesses and implements overall project and program management practices, methodologies and metrics for the team and business
- Manage high functioning, autonomous teams in a complex ecosystem that embraces change and adaptability
- Apply Agile and Lean concepts and principles to positively impact unique needs of the organization
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive Project and Program Management experience
- You have experience directly supervising project management teams
- You have expert level experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application of Agile and/or Lean methodologies
- You have an advanced understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
- You have written and verbal communication skills that are effective with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong leadership, collaboration, delivery, organizational and interpersonal skills
- You have a demonstrated track record in risk mitigation, dependency management and escalation procedures
- You maintain strategic perspective while optimizing systems or processes for the betterment of team performance
- You have demonstrated use of project and program management techniques and enterprise tools
- You have the ability to lead cross functional teams through ambiguous situations to achieve strategic goals
- You excel in decision making abilities, business acumen, resilience and change leadership
- You have your Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP)
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.