Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
1Password is looking to hire a Legal Operations Specialist to join our growing Legal team! In this role, you will be the organizational force of the Legal team, providing support for the myriad of day-to-day operations, and building out and maintaining the Legal team’s processes, systems and tools. This role requires an individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You are organized and able to manage competing priorities, while maintaining excellent results and attention to detail. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are not afraid to take on challenging requests and think creatively to problem solve. We value individuals who are resourceful, proactive, and always willing to lend a helping hand.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US, but the successful candidate will generally be expected to work Eastern Time Zone working hours.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of legal operations experience, either in-house or at a law firm
- Experience procuring and implementing legal tooling and systems
- Experience prioritizing competing deadlines
- Big picture thinker with ability to maintain strong attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-paced culture, with a practical, solutions-oriented focus
- Able to handle many projects simultaneously, to manage deadlines, and to prioritize effectively
What you can expect:
- Manage incoming internal legal requests, including developing and implementing new processes to do so effectively
- Provide support for, and maintain, the legal document management and contract management systems
- Drive internal legal operations workflows and provide general and project-specific support to the legal team
- Collaborate with internal and cross-functional partners on a wide variety of operational and legal team projects
- Refine existing and establish new processes, and procure and operationalize internal tools to better scale the legal team
- Help to develop and track various metrics for the team
Bonus points for:
- In-house legal operations experience at a SaaS company
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.