In pursuit of equitable education for all, TutorMe provides 24/7 high-dosage tutoring to over a million students in thousands of school districts and higher education institutions coast to coast. As the leading online tutoring solution since 2015, TutorMe helps make academic success more attainable by giving learners access to 1-on-1 live support in hundreds of subjects and expert essay reviewers for in-depth feedback on papers. Named one of Built In’s 2022 Best Places to Work™ and certified as a Great Place to Work®, TutorMe cultivates an inclusive, people-first work culture. As the explosive demand for virtual learning draws more learners to TutorMe, we’re expanding our fully remote team of talented individuals to help us democratize world-class academic support!
We’re hiring a Lead Product Designer to elevate our product designs to the next level! As the foundational member of the Design team, you’ll work closely with product managers and engineers to deliver customer-centered product designs for mobile and desktop experiences. Reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll create intuitive, engaging, and outstanding product experiences and features that delight our customers and students alike.
Ultimately, your mission is to drive platform engagement through optimizing our overall visual experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive the end-to-end product design process from discovery to delivery
- Champion empathy for our users
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation
- Conduct user research, identifying key user needs and solving them to enhance product UX
- Translate customer insights into meaningful and compelling UI concepts and user journeys
- Create and maintain robust design pattern libraries
- Improve our platform accessibility to help us develop a more inclusive student experience
- 7+ years of experience building and shipping technology products at scale: web and mobile apps; at least 5 of those years should be in Product Design combining UX/UI roles
- A diverse portfolio showcasing advanced interaction and visual design capabilities
- Ability to create design artifacts such as wireframes, user workflows, prototypes, and design documentation; proven experience with Figma
- Strong attention to details and desire to collaborate
- Interest in ethical, universal, and accessible design
- Strong sense of ownership, proactivity, and empathy
- Solid practical understanding of general SDLC
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style; eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excited to help improve student success outcomes in education
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Competitive pay & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we’ll provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Monthly DoorDash stipend and DashPass membership
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that’s helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but you’re up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.