The vision for our global Marketing Creative Team at Zynga is informed by an aggressive pursuit of new and different ideas, rapid creative development, and efficient production. We develop creative executions across digital channels that invite and encourage millions of players worldwide to take part in our games, as well as keep players engaged, informed, and rewarded for their active participation. Our creative and production processes prioritize achieving both performance objectives and execution excellence, while we foster a collaborative culture that embraces and drives creative trends in the mobile marketing & acquisition space.
We are seeking an outstanding artist for the role of a Lead Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Creative Team, where they will focus on the creation of engaging marketing assets across Zynga’s portfolio. This artist will arrive at Zynga with a portfolio of work highlighting their ability to build visually appealing compositions that steer consumer behavior towards marketing goals.The Lead Graphic Designer will help lead the visual direction, art development process, and a team of talented artists in North America. This individual will frequently be asked to deliver high quality, engaging designs on tight deadlines, working closely with other Designers, Product Managers, Producers, as well as game studio artists. This artist will report to the Marketing Creative Director.
- Work with the Creative Director to conceptualize, execute, and iterate on compositions for deployment across digital marketing channels
- Help manage a small team of Graphic Designers; support career trajectory and growth
- Assist in researching, exploring, and communicating best practices in art and discern which competitive ideas are most effective; help lead the development of goals, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms
- Take an active, hands-on role in helping to develop, maintain, and refine marketing art
- Effectively communicate ideas to product managers, designers, marketing channel owners and other team members
- Help identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process
- Assist with formal and informal art review, and provide effective feedback. Ability to mentor junior / midweight designers and provide relevant feedback to improve quality against Marketing KPIs
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of graphic design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; working experience with (or demonstrated understanding and a willingness to learn the basics of) Adobe After Effects
- Demonstrated exceptional design skills in composition, color theory, typography, visual hierarchy. A keen eye for detail and commitment to quality. You are an artist first and foremost.
- A team player, who can take direction and execute against it with little assistance, but also work independently to offer well-rounded design solutions to design problems
- Expertise in arts/design, and a demonstrated ability to direct, mentor and enhance the efforts of a creative team.
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure, while balancing speed and quality of the work
- Expert understanding of art direction and storytelling
- Link to an online portfolio, featuring graphic design work, preferably in marketing or advertising. Relevant experience in the mobile space is a plus (whether in games or other apps)
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field is required
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $105,000 and $160,000 per year.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between $100,000 and $160,000 per year.
However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).