Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
– As our first Lead Analytics Engineer, you will report to the Director of Engineering.
– This role will oversee various data products such as but not limited to, Subscription, Content, and Product Analytics, Personalization and Recommendation, Marketing & Ad-Sales enablement
– We believe great stories are built on understanding and inspiration. Great stories are also rooted in empirical evidence. We’re looking for an out-of-the-box thinker who operates at the intersection of creativity and data.
– Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
– Continue to build out and improve upon our analytics tech stack which consists of the following:
– Working with leadership, product engineering, analytics and insights to develop and sustain our first party data strategy as it relates to our own marketing and our advertising partnerships.
– Building and innovating on our data models to ensure data integrity across the business.
– Owning large portions of our data stack to meet the needs of our business.
– Leading the charge on data modeling for our first party data strategy (organizing, communicating, and actioning our data)
– 7+ years of work experience querying, visualizing, and presenting data
– Strong experience with SQL (clean, fast code is a must)
– Experience in the digital media and entertainment
– You can dive deep into available data using SQL, Python, Looker, or other data analysis tools in your vast toolbox
– You (and your skills) will be diverse in nature to cover a wide variety of jobs, ranging from ETL-ing and writing automation scripts to building scalable dashboards and visualizations
– You are obsessed with not only the numbers, but the story behind them.
– Incredibly organized with the ability to project manage your own work, as well as collaborate across teams clearly and confidently.
– A stakeholder-focused, strategic thinker who anticipates questions, and provides solutions.
– A personal philosophy of, “Yes, we’ll figure it out.”.
– Desire to seek out diverse and unique points of view that differ from your own.
– Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complex concepts into easily digestible information.
160-180k *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
- Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
- Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
- Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
- Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
- Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
- Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
- Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
- Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
🌴 Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏠 U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from a coffee shop, work from your friend’s sofa, or work from…
🏢 Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
🛋 Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
💞 Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
👨💻 WFH stipend: Customize your home office, on us!
🏋️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.